What Pu'er Are You Drinking

Puerh and other heicha
User avatar
pantry
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:34 am
Location: California

Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:37 pm

klepto wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:00 pm
pantry wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:44 pm
klepto Glad you enjoy the tea! That huangpian is definitely worth stocking up :lol:

Re: farmer-leaf. I've had several teas from them at different price points. They offer fair values for their teas. I'm interested in their 2020 Huey Wa -- anyone tried it?
I've been going through them and enjoying them. What did you get from them?
I got samples of all of their 2020 gushu, and restocks of some old favorites :?
Just had Xiangchunlin today. Delightful :)
User avatar
OCTO
Posts: 752
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:25 pm
Location: Penang, Malaysia

Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:19 am

TGIF!!!

Having a warm and calming brew of 80s CNNP Shou Bing (ripe). Extremely well kept and aged. No signs of dust nor foul smell from poor storage. Dry stored in Malaysia. Drinking this PuErh on a cool rainy night really keeps the body warm and extremely calming for a tired body. Looking forward to a good night's sleep... hahahaha....

Brewed and served with pots from two different eras. Both having extremely similar outcome with the tea. Truly a match much to be desired and loved.

Cheers!!
IMG_6083.jpg
IMG_6083.jpg (209.38 KiB) Viewed 807 times
User avatar
Balthazar
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:04 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:32 am

Beautiful composition (not to mention pots!) as always, @OCTO.

It's rainy here too, and the body (or rather the mind) is exhausted after a a long week of too many work hours. On such days I go for safe choices, today's was the 2003 Zhang Xiang Qing Bing. Still find it to be a really satisfying one.
User avatar
OCTO
Posts: 752
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:25 pm
Location: Penang, Malaysia

Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:46 am

User avatar
klepto
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:24 pm
Location: Floridaman, USA
Contact:

Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:19 pm

Yiwu Mountain Tea: Gaoshan Gushu 2019
I have the huangpian, but they sent along with it a heafy sample of this.
Flowery sweet, a little spice with a buttery finish. May I have another :D.
User avatar
debunix
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:13 pm

This does not sound like a Puer??
Noonie
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:17 pm

OCTO wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:19 am
TGIF!!!

Having a warm and calming brew of 80s CNNP Shou Bing (ripe). Extremely well kept and aged. No signs of dust nor foul smell from poor storage. Dry stored in Malaysia. Drinking this PuErh on a cool rainy night really keeps the body warm and extremely calming for a tired body. Looking forward to a good night's sleep... hahahaha....

Brewed and served with pots from two different eras. Both having extremely similar outcome with the tea. Truly a match much to be desired and loved.

Cheers!!

Image
Sounds amazing!
Noonie
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:20 pm

Balthazar wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:32 am
Beautiful composition (not to mention pots!) as always, OCTO.

It's rainy here too, and the body (or rather the mind) is exhausted after a a long week of too many work hours. On such days I go for safe choices, today's was the 2003 Zhang Xiang Qing Bing. Still find it to be a really satisfying one.
I had one of those weeks as well, after taking on new responsibilities at work (a good thing) which has already come with some people challenges (an opportunity if viewed the positive way). I didn’t get to relax with tea the same as when I have more time, but it still felt both refreshing and rewarding. I’m fortunate to be able to afford quality tea :ugeek:
User avatar
klepto
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:24 pm
Location: Floridaman, USA
Contact:

Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:03 am

TWL: 2015 Biyun Hao Lishan Gongcha
Light sugar cane sweetness with a menthol taste that brings a minty dryness in the back of the throat and numbness.
Delightful aftertaste and thick mouthfeel. Qi hit me like a ton of bricks, heavy feeling at the top of my head.
Jefferson airplane was playing in my head. Wew.. This flavor profile is quite different that what I have come across so far.
This is why I drink puerh :D.
Last edited by klepto on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
thommes
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:11 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:37 am

Noonie wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:20 pm
I’m fortunate to be able to afford quality tea
AND your fortunate enough to appreciate that fact.
User avatar
klepto
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:24 pm
Location: Floridaman, USA
Contact:

Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:57 pm

I'm finally beginning to pick up subtle differences between the teas I drink like the thickness of the liquor but I'm completely oblivious to qi unless I'm sweating or my mood shifts. Sampling so many various teas is extremely helpful and it gives me a reason to wake up in morning as I am not a morning person :D. Attempting to learn about the various subregions and their effects on puerh might be too much for me unless there is a book that makes some sense of it.

Had some Tianmenshan Gushu Huangpian today, didn't eat any breakfast before. I'll suffer later probably :mrgreen:
User avatar
TeaTotaling
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:08 pm
Location: Ohio

Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:07 pm

2007 Mengku Sheng. Old, wild, Bingdao material.

Dry, pressed leaves are dark with copper undertones 🍁 Aroma is reminiscent of quality, woody, sweet pipe tobacco.

Mouthfeel is soft, thick, and heavy. Liquor is a beautiful red-orange.

Taste reminds me of sticky red raisins, elderberry syrup, and cherry sweets 🍒 Slightly medicinal 🩸 and herbaceous 🌿

Wet leaves smell of menthol and homemade cough syrup.

Energy is grounding and woozy. Strength is evident and persisting.

Saluti!
Attachments
BBD8A842-5C7B-4554-B590-34E7C49D1C04.jpeg
BBD8A842-5C7B-4554-B590-34E7C49D1C04.jpeg (132.52 KiB) Viewed 544 times
User avatar
Iizuki
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:23 am

Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:12 pm

@klepto I agree that a puer session is a great reason to wake up! It's lovely to watch the sun rise while peacefully enjoying the nuances of a well developed sheng.
User avatar
StoneLadle
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:19 am
Location: Malaysia

Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:57 pm

Iizuki wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:12 pm
klepto I agree that a puer session is a great reason to wake up! It's lovely to watch the sun rise while peacefully enjoying the nuances of a well developed sheng.
Right now, i'm wide awake from totally overdoing it on a couple of teas from the 80s, and it's fast approaching 0500, perhaps I'll be sipping tea at sunrise in approximately 120 minutes... loving how we are staggered through in time yet on the same planet...
User avatar
StoneLadle
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:19 am
Location: Malaysia

Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:05 pm

TeaTotaling wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:07 pm
2007 Mengku Sheng. Old, wild, Bingdao material.

Dry, pressed leaves are dark with copper undertones 🍁 Aroma is reminiscent of quality, woody, sweet pipe tobacco.

Mouthfeel is soft, thick, and heavy. Liquor is a beautiful red-orange.

Taste reminds me of sticky red raisins, elderberry syrup, and cherry sweets 🍒 Slightly medicinal 🩸 and herbaceous 🌿

Wet leaves smell of menthol and homemade cough syrup.

Energy is grounding and woozy. Strength is evident and persisting.

Saluti!
Incredible aging for a 13 year tea, the material must have been 5 years old at least. Mouthfeel is one of the most difficult and torturous things for sheng PE to develop! Energy sounds desirable too. Congratulations! Tanti auguri!
Post Reply