Factory or Faketory?

User avatar
ShuShu
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:36 pm
Location: New York

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:20 pm

tingjunkie wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Pot #3: 65ml zini "Please Drink" teapot. Real or repro?:

Is that really Zini? The texture reminds me those special order dsq that eot often sell
Chadrinkincat
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:16 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Prob fake since rim looks way too wide.
Chadrinkincat
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:16 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:26 pm

ShuShu wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:20 pm
tingjunkie wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Pot #3: 65ml zini "Please Drink" teapot. Real or repro?:

Is that really Zini? The texture reminds me those special order dsq that eot often sell
I think it's suppose to be special red qsn mix
User avatar
tingjunkie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:39 pm

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:44 pm

I was just using zini as an umbrella term. To my eye it looks like a sandy QSN.
User avatar
tealifehk
Vendor
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:58 am

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:21 am

tingjunkie wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:44 pm
I was just using zini as an umbrella term. To my eye it looks like a sandy QSN.
I think #3 is real as well. Still not 100% on #1. :D
Teachronicles
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 am

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:24 am

Real or not, these are some very nice pots you have ting. Cough cough paging steanze.
User avatar
Brent D
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:33 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:21 am

tingjunkie wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:41 pm
Brent D wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:34 pm
First one looks legit.
Second one is bogus
You sound pretty sure. Can you tell us what details lead you to those conclusions? I'm always trying to learn. :)
clay composition looks a little off to me.
By no means am I any sort of an expert.
User avatar
tealifehk
Vendor
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:58 am

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:31 am

I think all three are real now! I've never seen a shuiping with the same exact engraving as #3, but it's a really nice pot. First one looks like vintage clay
User avatar
Brent D
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:33 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:38 am

tealifehk wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:31 am
I think all three are real now! I've never seen a shuiping with the same exact engraving as #3, but it's a really nice pot. First one looks like vintage clay
agreed.
#2 still looks off to me though
Chadrinkincat
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:16 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:47 am

Isn't the #3 please drink oolong series pot suppose to have a different base stamp?
.m.
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:09 pm

Chadrinkincat wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:47 am
Isn't the #3 please drink oolong series pot suppose to have a different base stamp?
There were many versions, with different stamps. This is what Dr. Lu writes in his article on the Quin Yin series:
"In the 1970s, all the “Qing Yin” pots that we had studied are made of red clay (hong ni). Purple clay (zi ni) “Qing Yin” were made only from the 80s, and there are three base seals for this batch. One of them is similar to the 70s’ base seal, the other two seals are longer and narrower and can be divided into 22 or 23 character versions."

So I'd be guessing 90's repro? But very nice in any case.
User avatar
tingjunkie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:39 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:24 pm

Pot #4: 90ml

Can anyone confirm which plant the engraving is supposed to be? An orchid?

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Teachronicles
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 am

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 pm

tingjunkie wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Pot #4: 90ml

Can anyone confirm which plant the engraving is supposed to be? An orchid?

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
I'm gna say non factory 90s on this one.
.m.
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:37 pm

tingjunkie wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Pot #4: 90ml

Can anyone confirm which plant the engraving is supposed to be? An orchid?
Yes, orchid. The other three are plum blossom, bamboo and chrysanthemum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Gentlemen).
User avatar
tingjunkie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:39 pm

Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:41 pm

.m. wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:37 pm
Yes, orchid. The other three are plum blossom, bamboo and chrysanthemum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Gentlemen).
Thanks! Mine is the first Ive seen that has the extra items below the orchid. I'm guessing it's supposed to be rocks and grass?
Post Reply