mud and leaves

Vendor news and self-promotion
User avatar
Victoria
Admin
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:18 pm

Curious which city are you located in? Not finding an introduction from you :) . Beautiful teaware selections.
User avatar
mudandleaves
Vendor
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 pm
Location: Guangzhou, China/Ottawa
Contact:

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:46 pm

Victoria wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:18 pm
Curious which city are you located in? Not finding an introduction from you :) . Beautiful teaware selections.
Thanks :) We have been based in Guangzhou China where our distribution centre is headquartered, but we are transitioning to our Ottawa Canada office. We maintain an office in each city.
User avatar
mudandleaves
Vendor
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 pm
Location: Guangzhou, China/Ottawa
Contact:

Sat May 04, 2019 9:54 am

In consideration of popular demand, we have been working with Chen Chunhong and Lin Hanpeng to produce smaller Yixing Teapots for solo gong fu tea brewers. Today we introduce our smallest zhuni teapot at a capacity of just 100ml:
.
https://www.mudandleaves.com/store/p488 ... 100ml.html
.
.
.
IMG_7949.JPG
IMG_7949.JPG (377.67 KiB) Viewed 528 times
IMG_7957.JPG
IMG_7957.JPG (417.82 KiB) Viewed 528 times
User avatar
mudandleaves
Vendor
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 pm
Location: Guangzhou, China/Ottawa
Contact:

Fri May 17, 2019 9:28 am

A new batch of wood fired Yixing teapots has just arrived. These were made in the Julunzhu shape with original ore qinghuini and fired for 3 days and 4 nights in a wood kiln.
.
https://www.mudandleaves.com/store/c9/Y ... apots.html
.
You can read more about our Wood Fired Yixing Teapots here:
https://www.mudandleaves.com/teatime-bl ... ng-teapots
.
.
IMG_8248.JPG
IMG_8248.JPG (493.99 KiB) Viewed 472 times
IMG_8261.JPG
IMG_8261.JPG (452.83 KiB) Viewed 472 times
IMG_0710.JPG
IMG_0710.JPG (148.27 KiB) Viewed 472 times
.
.
.
User avatar
Victoria
Admin
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Fri May 17, 2019 12:29 pm

Very elegant proportions and firing on the pots you commission. That wood fired ‘Yohen’ kiss is special too.
User avatar
mudandleaves
Vendor
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 pm
Location: Guangzhou, China/Ottawa
Contact:

Fri May 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Victoria wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:29 pm
Very elegant proportions and firing on the pots you commission. That wood fired ‘Yohen’ kiss is special too.
Thanks Victoria!

Part of the beauty of the process is how unpredictable the patterns can be. It's rare that we get such a thick patch of ash glaze on a pot.
User avatar
mudandleaves
Vendor
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 pm
Location: Guangzhou, China/Ottawa
Contact:

Mon May 20, 2019 4:23 pm

New Ruyao Tea Cups from Shan Kiln, including Limited Ed. Fanghua and Royal Jade cups and his classic Sky Blue Ruyao series:
.
.
.
https://www.mudandleaves.com/store/c12/ ... Ruyao.html
.
.
.
C05D84CB-45B8-4D73-89D9-473ACE38BE46.JPG
C05D84CB-45B8-4D73-89D9-473ACE38BE46.JPG (88.73 KiB) Viewed 239 times
3E3C7FC8-D77F-4484-8DBC-72F49B527DE4.JPG
3E3C7FC8-D77F-4484-8DBC-72F49B527DE4.JPG (82.97 KiB) Viewed 239 times
Last edited by mudandleaves on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mudandleaves
Vendor
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 pm
Location: Guangzhou, China/Ottawa
Contact:

Mon May 27, 2019 5:03 pm

A new batch of Nixing Teapots in sizes 100-130ml has arrived in store! Fully handmade of natural Qinzhou clay, these are great for solo or small group tea sessions.
.
.
.
.
.
IMG_1153.jpg
IMG_1153.jpg (332.19 KiB) Viewed 339 times
User avatar
mudandleaves
Vendor
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 pm
Location: Guangzhou, China/Ottawa
Contact:

Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:41 pm

New Blanc de Chine Porcelain Incense holders, and some restocked Lazy Polar Bear tea pets, from our partnering artist in Dehua:
.
.
https://www.mudandleaves.com/store/c29/ ... Tools.html
.
.
IMG_8804.jpg
IMG_8804.jpg (101.32 KiB) Viewed 271 times
User avatar
mudandleaves
Vendor
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 pm
Location: Guangzhou, China/Ottawa
Contact:

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:11 am

Introducing our Jingdezhen Porcelain Travel Kung Fu Tea Set. Bring your favourite tea with you on vacation and enjoy it in style.
The set features 1 gaiwan, 3 cups, 1 fair cup, outer case, and an inner case / tray.
Made of Tianbai Jingdezhen Porcelain and available in two patterns:
https://www.mudandleaves.com/store/p523 ... aiwan.html
IMG_9308.JPG
IMG_9308.JPG (163.96 KiB) Viewed 191 times
IMG_9305.jpg
IMG_9305.jpg (60.78 KiB) Viewed 191 times
IMG_9311.JPG
IMG_9311.JPG (139.61 KiB) Viewed 191 times
User avatar
pedant
Admin
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:22 pm

mudandleaves wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:11 am
Introducing our Jingdezhen Porcelain Travel Kung Fu Tea Set.
nifty

it looks like you can use the top half of the tray as a wastewater bowl for rinses and bits of leaf, yes?

seems well thought out. one of the nicer travel sets i've seen. is that little cloth included? i see it in the pics but not in the list of stuff you get. not a big deal, but i thought i'd ask. anyone could easily add in their own cotton or microfiber cloth for a bit of extra padding i'm thinking.

a couple of points that imo could make it close to perfect:
  • do all of the pieces fit in there snugly and securely? it's all about the geometry of the gaiwan and the cups and how well they nest (good contact area) to minimize clattering and breakage, ideally without fiddly packaging materials
  • use low VOC materials for the inner/outer travel cases. even though the teaware is all glass/porcelain, plasticy VOCs will adsorb onto the surface. personally, i find i have to wash stuff before use if it's been stored in anything smelly. washing stuff may not be convenient or possible on the go.
User avatar
Shine Magical
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:13 pm
Location: NYC
Contact:

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Very nice. My “travel kit” is a reused mud and leaves box that fits my yixing and one large cup :lol:
User avatar
mudandleaves
Vendor
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 pm
Location: Guangzhou, China/Ottawa
Contact:

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:22 pm

pedant wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:22 pm
mudandleaves wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:11 am
Introducing our Jingdezhen Porcelain Travel Kung Fu Tea Set.
nifty

it looks like you can use the top half of the tray as a wastewater bowl for rinses and bits of leaf, yes?

seems well thought out. one of the nicer travel sets i've seen. is that little cloth included? i see it in the pics but not in the list of stuff you get. not a big deal, but i thought i'd ask. anyone could easily add in their own cotton or microfiber cloth for a bit of extra padding i'm thinking.

a couple of points that imo could make it close to perfect:
  • do all of the pieces fit in there snugly and securely? it's all about the geometry of the gaiwan and the cups and how well they nest (good contact area) to minimize clattering and breakage, ideally without fiddly packaging materials
  • use low VOC materials for the inner/outer travel cases. even though the teaware is all glass/porcelain, plasticy VOCs will adsorb onto the surface. personally, i find i have to wash stuff before use if it's been stored in anything smelly. washing stuff may not be convenient or possible on the go.
Thanks!

Yes, the top half can be used as a wastewater bowl.

It comes with the cloth shown in the photos.

The kit comes with a piece of foam that can be placed inside the inner case, leaving a space for the gaiwan + fair cup + 3 cups to fit in the centre. It comes with foam between the pieces; this can be substituted for cloth or tissue after purchase. We don't recommend stacking them without a buffer between the different items.

Both cases are neutral in scent (no chemical odours).
User avatar
mudandleaves
Vendor
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 pm
Location: Guangzhou, China/Ottawa
Contact:

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:31 pm

Shine Magical wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:23 pm
Very nice. My “travel kit” is a reused mud and leaves box that fits my yixing and one large cup :lol:
The essentials :lol:
Post Reply