What Black Are You Drinking

Oxidized tea
Bok

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:09 pm

Vanenbw wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:26 pm
I tried some Laoshan black tea from Verdant tonight. It's sweet and fruity. I really enjoyed it. I don't recall if I ever had back tea before. I used to think the tea they serve in most Chinese restaurants is back tea, and perhaps it is, but it doesn't taste anything like this black tea. I ordered some other black teas from Verdant. It should arrive by Saturday.
What they serve in Chinese restaurants is usually Jasmine tea, heavy roast Oolong(often Tieguanyin), or cheap Puerh.
Vanenbw

Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:46 pm

Thanks, @Bok. I guess I never really knew for sure what kind of tea they serve at Chinese restaurants. I also tried an oolong tea from verdant that I liked. It was a sample they sent me with another purchase. I liked it so much I bought a 50gm package of it.
Vanenbw

Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:51 pm

Ethan Kurland wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:56 pm
When I tried Laoshan black tea, I loved it. Only several months later I was moving on to other black teas that I preferred which does not mean I will forget how much better the Laoshan was than what I had been drinking before I tried it. Enjoy!
Thank you. I have always enjoyed tea, but it never tasted as good as the teas I've been drinking the last few months. I actually look forward to waking up and having tea in the morning and coming home in the evening and having a cup of tea after dinner. I suppose I always did, but the anticipation is tenfold now.