What Pu'er Are You Drinking

Puerh and other heicha
VoirenTea

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:09 pm

I've been drinking all the shou this week and last, both at work and at home. (Have a cold that looks like it'll be sticking at the hacking cough stage for quite some time, so I need something nice and thick to drink). This consists of far more sessions than I usually get through in two weeks.

* W2T's Lumber Slut - was impressed that it wasn't bitter at all for a woody tea, and liked it a lot more than I was expecting to. Thick. Plan to revisit my sample when I have more tastebuds.
* What-Cha's 2016 Yong De - first shou I ever had. Also a woodyish type, not bad and has good longevity, but I prefer a bit more sweetness or at least other things going on. I took the cake to work and have been having it in a mug+brewing basket there.
* YS's 2009 Nan Jian 801 tuo - if the water is just-boiled, has some unexpected huigan that makes it a lot better. If it isn't, this is dull and no better than the Yong De. The thickness lasts well.
* Yiwu Mountain Tea's 2016 Yiwu Gushu Ripe - some interesting stuff going on here, maybe some slight floral notes early on.
* Awazon's 2000 Excellent Old Aged Ripe Brick. This has some good early infusions, doesn't keep going as long as one might like. Seemed well-rounded but again I'll need to come back to it for any subtleties.