ShyRabbit (D. Michael Coffee) Nuka Chawan (390mL)

Goods at good prices for a good cause
pedant
Admin

Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:20 am

ShyRabbit (D. Michael Coffee) Nuka Chawan (390mL)

$50 USD sold
(Actual retail value: $75 USD)
This item was generously contributed by @debunix. 100% of proceeds go to Tea Forum.

Item location: USA
Buyer pays shipping

ShyRabbit wrote: This Extraordinary Handmade stoneware Smaller Chawan or Large Yunomi is glazed with Ash Tenmoku and over glazed with Nuka, and reduction fired in my custom designed gas updraft kiln high (7800 ft) in the San Juan Mountains of Southwest Colorado.

This Yunomi's glaze is the result of a combination of two glazes that cause the Nuka to move during the firing. Because of the fluid nature of this glazing combination, no two pieces will ever be the same.

There are three indentation, one of which is deeper that the others which provide a natural and comfortable thumb rest.

This cup is slightly out of round due to the deeper indentation on one side that allows for if too be very comfortable and secure in the hand...

Dimensions: 3-1/2" h. x 4" dia. @ widest point.
Volume: 13 ounces/ 390 ml

Weight: 10 ounces

Thank you for viewing my work and please don't hesitate to convo with any questions you may have.
Michael
ShyRabbit
Indentations for your hand to hold it easily add movement to the Nuka glaze. Big enough for whisking matcha.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/647414049/ ... t_detail=1

Details:
  • Artist: ShyRabbit / D. Michael Coffee Ceramics and Fine Art
  • Volume: 390mL
  • Weight: 280g
  • Condition: used

Please click here to remit payment by PayPal and:
  • leave "Paying for goods or a service?" deselected (i.e. use "friends and family")
  • note the item name and your TeaForum username in the transaction
  • contact debunix to arrange payment for shipping
Janice

Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:28 pm

I just paid for this cup.

I remember when this cup was listed on Etsy. I mulled it over for too long and it was sold, so I’m seizing my second chance.
pedant
Admin

Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:59 pm

Janice wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:28 pm
I just paid for this cup.

I remember when this cup was listed on Etsy. I mulled it over for too long and it was sold, so I’m seizing my second chance.
thanks! payment received!

please contact @debunix to arrange payment for shipping
debunix

Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:20 am

Janice, can you send me a PM? I'm having trouble sending you one about shipping for the Chawan, and I'd like to get it on its way to you--or to know if you need to delay shipping for holiday/travel/gift reasons.