Have you ever settled on one type of tea?

TeaZero

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:38 am

For me, the more I get into the world of tea, the more I long for new flavors. I appreciate the diversity. I do start to like pu erh and oolong more over black and green. This might also be the case others who've been into tea for a while.
Teachronicles

Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:10 pm

I've pretty much settled on oolong as puerh, mostly aged sheng puer and all kinds of oolongs, recently my favorite have been yancha and roasted oolongs from Taiwan or china. That said, I'll have a white or black from time to time and greens when there fresh. Also, I'm always looking for a new tea to try, just recently learned of teaside, a company that sells teas from thailand, oolongs, sheng, shu, that I want to try.
Ken

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:13 am

Coming from xy years of mainly Darjeelings, here and there complemented by Assams, chinese reds, some oolongs and white teas my first trip to Yunnan back in the late 90s has had a devastating impact on that main relationship :mrgreen: . While I still enjoy single estate Himalayan teas they lack some qualities of the sheng pu that since then slowly replaced them as my #1 goto. These days I'm on 90% sheng of all sorts and if I ever had to make do with one type of tea I didn't have to think twice.