Doubt about the quality of rooibo bags

Tisanes prepared from plants not belonging to the Camellia genus
pinovski
New user

Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:42 pm

Hello everyone.

Thanks to this forum I confirmed what it supposed, that most tea bag is very inferior in quality to organic bulk tea. I was wondering if this also applies to rooibo, since I have seen that its pieces are very small, I have consumed organic rooibo and it even looks a lot like what is in the bag, and the color it leaves in the infusion is also very similar between both, then I was wondering if maybe the bag rooibo could be more reliable than bag tea because of its nature. The rooibo that I consume says '' 100% natural, certified ... etc '' is supposed to be good, but nowadays it is impossible to have a minimum of security ...

greeting. :)
Victoria
Admin

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:30 pm

Hello, Welcome to TeaForum. When a tea has many small dust particles, that do not beneficially contribute to taste of tea, I will use a stainless infusion ball, and or a filter when pouring. Although I haven’t purchased tea with a lot of dust in years, unless it’s ground matcha. I only use tea bags occasionally when traveling. Recently, I traveled with teabags that had sencha and matcha powder mixed in from Kagoshima Co., delicious. This companies branding/marketing is a little awkward, the tea is called; Birouen Tea House, Oraganic "Smile Tea" ​(Tea bag) with Matcha sprinkles :D .

If you have doubts about a tea, the best approach is to only buy from reputable farmers or vendors that you trust.
d.manuk

Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:57 am

Victoria wrote:
"Smile Tea" with Matcha sprinkles
:lol:
Victoria
Admin

Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:46 pm

Shine Magical wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:57 am
Victoria wrote:
"Smile Tea" with Matcha sprinkles
:lol:
Lol, ha it made me smile -much tastier than I’d expected 😊.
JoonasJ
New user

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:22 am

pinovski wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:42 pm
Hello everyone.

Thanks to this forum I confirmed what it supposed, that most tea bag is very inferior in quality to organic bulk tea. I was wondering if this also applies to rooibo, since I have seen that its pieces are very small, I have consumed organic rooibo and it even looks a lot like what is in the bag, and the color it leaves in the infusion is also very similar between both, then I was wondering if maybe the bag rooibo could be more reliable than bag tea because of its nature. The rooibo that I consume says '' 100% natural, certified ... etc '' is supposed to be good, but nowadays it is impossible to have a minimum of security ...

greeting. :)
I think rooibos tea in a bag can be as good as loose rooibos tea. You just have to choose a reliable brand. However, if you are using tea bags, the downside is that you can not adjust the amount of tea you are using (unless you use several bags).

I prefer organic rooibos tea in unbleached bags. Rooibos Rocks is an excellent brand of rooibos tea. Have you tried it already?