Introduce Yourself

Proinsias

Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:15 pm

Hey Chip, glad to find you here.

I spent a year or two mainly drinking my way through the stocks of tea I'd gathered. Mostly pu-erh but lots of other odds and ends, thought I was done a few times but kept finding sneaky stashes around the house. Got a kilo or so of cheap and cheerful tie guan yin, bi lo chun & qimen from Gordon at Dragon Teahouse last year which has provided a little variety but the old stocks are pretty much gone now and the budget pack is fading.....time to start shopping soon. There's a hint of summer in the air here and I've been dreaming about some of that fresh Japanese wonder you so love, will have to wander by Kevin's store.

How are you doing?
Chip
Admin

Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Proinsias wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:15 pm
Hey Chip, glad to find you here.

I spent a year or two mainly drinking my way through the stocks of tea I'd gathered. Mostly pu-erh but lots of other odds and ends, thought I was done a few times but kept finding sneaky stashes around the house. Got a kilo or so of cheap and cheerful tie guan yin, bi lo chun & qimen from Gordon at Dragon Teahouse last year which has provided a little variety but the old stocks are pretty much gone now and the budget pack is fading.....time to start shopping soon. There's a hint of summer in the air here and I've been dreaming about some of that fresh Japanese wonder you so love, will have to wander by Kevin's store.

How are you doing?
Doing quite well, thank you.

Just opened my first shincha of 2018! Life is good!
tingjunkie

Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Hey, Former-TeaChatters! That place was dead anyhow. Good to see you all! :D
Kale

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:40 pm

tingjunkie wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:44 pm
Hey, Former-TeaChatters! That place was dead anyhow. Good to see you all! :D
What took you so long?
:)
Proinsias

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Happy to hear Chip, nice to see Mrs Chip here too.

Hey tingjunkie, nice to find you here.
esontea
Vendor

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:17 am

How long have you been drinking tea?
about 15years

What kind of tea do you drink?
Usually drink Taiwanese mountain oolong tea, and Taiwan black tea,and sometimes I also drink Japanese jade Dew.

How do you prepare your tea?
I mainly used traditional clay teapot, but I use porcelain teapot when I test the quality of tea.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
Tea knowledge in other countries.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
Developing Taiwanese tea culture is my life's way.

What is your location?
Da Yu Ling(DYL) 95k in Taiwan.
Victoria
Admin

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:23 am

esontea wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:17 am
about 15years

What is your location?
Da Yu Ling(DYL) 95k in Taiwan.
Welcome to TeaForum. Many of us here are Taiwan oolong aficionados. Looking forward to hearing from you, and seeing pictures of DaYuLing :)
tea_twig

Tue May 08, 2018 3:28 pm

I've been using the Teachat forum as a resource but never posted anything. Decided to change my ways with teaforum :-]

My tea journey started in 2006.

Various teas - favourites are Anxi tie guan yin, dancong, Chinese greens, Taiwanese. Also enjoy wuyi, Japanese and Darjeeling.

Preparation depends on the tea type. Good quality water, good teaware, good tea all make a good start ;-]

Tea knowledge wants right now: highly regarded tea vendors in Europe and China.

My first good tea came from a friend of a friend who had been travelling in China - the most delicate flavour but the feeling of the liquor, I have never been able to forget. That feeling every time I drink a worthy tea keeps me on the tea path.

I'm from the UK.
lemmiwinks
New user

Sun May 27, 2018 9:26 pm

Hi!

I grew up drinking pretty bad teabag tea like Lipton and Red Rose. Last summer I traveled to Taiwan for a tour (I’m a professional violinist) and while visiting a colleague’s family there tried Dong Mei Ren, which was delicious. Her family sent me home with a bunch of Taiwanese tea, such as several varieties of ‘Sun Moon Lake’ Taiwanese red tea (black tea?) as well as some exceptional Taiwanese Oolong.

I also had the fortune while touring in China to actually visit the area where the Longjing ‘Dragon Well’ tea is produced. I was only 20 at the time and completely broke, so I didn’t buy any tea to bring home, even though the quality was much finer and the price much lower than what the best Longjing tea typically sells for in the US. I still kick myself for that.

Now I’m a little obsessed with the idea of rither going back to these places and returning with suitcases full of tea or finding places to buy tea like that in the US without spending a fortune!

What kind of tea do you drink?

I love intense, very flavorful tea. Lapsong Souchang is a favorite, also Taiwanese ‘Sun moon Lake’ black tea. I love Earl Grey as well.

Also a fan of Korean poli cha (barley tea) and oksusu cha (corn silk tea) even though neither one is a proper tea.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?

Varieties of loose leaf tea and where to buy them, esp exploring more about Japanese green teas and all kinds of Chinese teas.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?

Flavor!

What is your location?

NYC, soon moving to Cincinnati, OH.
pipejw02

Mon May 28, 2018 3:16 pm

Hi everyone. I was recommended to come here by @Kale when I asked where to buy used clay teapots. Thanks Kale!

I really got into steeping quality tea at home recently, though I have enjoyed tea on my travels for years. I’ve been mostly drinking oolongs, pu’erh, sencha, houjicha, and an occasional white/black. I’m still exploring the horizons of tea and really enjoying the journey.

I mostly brew with a couple of different kyusu when drinking Japanese tea at home, a gaiwan and one Yixing pot when drinking various Chinese/Taiwanese teas, and a Korean celedon infuser mug when drinking (any tea) at work. I enjoy tweaking my steeping to get the best out of each tea and am really amazed at all the different ways tea can be enjoyed.

I came here to learn more about brewing vessels and experiment with them. I’m fascinated with the different properties of clay, iron, and silver and how they may provide additional dimensions to my enjoyment of tea.

Anyway, that’s a little about me. Looking forward to getting to know you folks.

Thanks,
Jon
burritofingers

Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:47 am

Howdy. I'm Clark in Los Angeles, CA. I got into tea in 2010, but fell off the wagon from 2014 until a few weeks ago. I'm now more into it than I ever was, and that's recently been reflected in my account balance.

I mostly drink oolongs and pu'erhs, prepared in yixing pots or gaiwans. I got a Pear Mountain Oolong a few days ago that I'm particularly into -- so many flavors in that tea!

Because of what I've historically drank, I'm looking to explore the lighter world of whites and greens. I just ordered a bunch of green teas from Great Horse teas -- a Gua Pian, a Hakka, and a Meng Ding Gan Lu.

I originally got into teas through Mad Monk Tea shop in San Diego, when I used to live there. It had a nice vibe, good teas, and lots of information about the teas. Unfortunately, that shop has since changed a bit and, doesn't have as big of a focus on the specs. I've come back to tea for the mindful mood it puts me in, and, of course the taste.

I'm excited to keep learn and meet people that are into all this, too!
pedant
Admin

Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:52 pm

burritofingers wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:47 am
Howdy. I'm Clark
welcome!
Andreas
New user

Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:17 am

Hello everyone!!

My name is Andreas and i am coming from Cyprus ,an island in the Mediterranean sea . Life here is pretty peaceful and warm hahaha:D
with a nice sky and beautiful sunsets to be accompany with a nice gong fu cha. I am currently drinking and refreshing my memories of some oolongs i have left behind the past couple of years. I mostly like Dancong and lately i found a nice Ya Shi Xiang form two years ago, which was really yummy!! Sweet and floral , not as intense and it used to be.

I also love drinking sheng purees more than shus(they are kinda too bitter for my taste). I also love some good white tea. Few years ago i had a friend of mine from Budapest-Hungary, that gave me as a present a12 year old white tea, ooww my its still on my mind, i had actually been looking for a good aged white tea, but it seems a bit difficult to be found online.

An other thing i enjoy looking in to is tea wares and how they can change the taste of the tea , how just by changing the clay it can actually change the way , the roundness and sweetness of a tea. Also the effect a more flat tea cup can make the tea cool faster and also open up the taste of it making it sweeter, suiting and oolong . Mmm

Mmm i am thinking about having a dancong, as we speak so ill see you around all and thanks for having me here:D

Looking forward on sharing more of your favourite tea and how you brew them :D

All the best

Andreas
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:44 am

Welcome to our forum, Clark. Looking forward to seeing you around.
ujimatcha
New user

Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:37 pm

Dear friends, I'm Doan, my nick name is "uji matcha" that name tell you a little bit about my favorite Tea.
I was grown up in a small village North VietNam where many family drink green tea every day like be effected by chinese culture.
so i don't know exactly when i started drinking tea. it's so early.
And at the moment, i'm working on Ho Chi Minh city , i have a japanese friend so i have some chance to try some kinds of tea from Japan.
And so Matcha became may friend because of its taste and the way drink of that tea. I drink green tea every day at my tea shop as a job to introduce teas to our customer.
Now i have many opportunities to work with many japanese companies who want to export tea to VietNam, maybe because i have some knowledge about Japanese green tea especially Matcha.