TeaLife.HK -- Classic HK-style Teas!

Vendor news and self-promotion
tealifehk
Vendor

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:07 am

Hi all,

I'm Jay Khilnani, aka TeaLife.HK. I carry a variety of teas that get my seal of approval, primarily oolongs and pu erh, as well as carefully selected teaware! Please check out the site and feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
Last edited by pedant on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: mod edit: fixing url
Bok
Vendor

Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:54 am

My order arrived today, but I was not home… :(
Can’t wait to test your selection! Will post a review once they have rested and I am through the lot.

Good weather in Taiwan for roasted teas at the moment, cold cold rain """""""""
tealifehk
Vendor

Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:17 am

Bok wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:54 am
My order arrived today, but I was not home… :(
Can’t wait to test your selection! Will post a review once they have rested and I am through the lot.

Good weather in Taiwan for roasted teas at the moment, cold cold rain """""""""
Thanks Felix! Enjoy! I suggest flash brewing for the first infusions; high roast oolongs brew up much quicker than green gaoshan, for example, and if you let them go long the liquor might be too strong!

It's cold here in Hong Kong too, but very dry. The humidity is around 48% in the day, but rises to 70-80% every night. 19 degrees Celsius right now!
tealifehk
Vendor

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:00 am

Pedant: As for why TeaLife.HK forwards to tealifehk.com: the registrar I used for my .hk URL operates in both HK and China. They've been asking me for a Mainland Chinese permit number, which I do not have, and which we do not use in Hong Kong, in order to hide the forwarding! I had to register tealifehk.com after tealife.hk in order to kind of hide the shoplineapp.com URL that would've been visible otherwise.

I have tried to contact the registrar, but to no avail. I am going to try uploading my HK business permit next; hopefully that'll allow me to lose the tealifehk.com URL and just use TeaLife.HK!
CWarren

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:59 pm

I had to chuckle this morning when I went into the kitchen and saw the bag of Three Stamp Hong Kong Roasted Shuixian on the counter. Apparently the lovely wife, (who just started on her tea journey the last several months), chose that as today’s daily tea for work. She has a huge assortment to choose from due to my craziness over the years. Just thought I’d share. Great choice too as that Three Stamp rocks!
tealifehk
Vendor

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:52 pm

CWarren wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:59 pm
I had to chuckle this morning when I went into the kitchen and saw the bag of Three Stamp Hong Kong Roasted Shuixian on the counter. Apparently the lovely wife, (who just started on her tea journey the last several months), chose that as today’s daily tea for work. She has a huge assortment to choose from due to my craziness over the years. Just thought I’d share. Great choice too as that Three Stamp rocks!
Thank you! Glad you both like it! :) I think I'll have some today since it seems to be on everyone's mind, and I have to ship some out today too!
tealifehk
Vendor

Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:38 am

18% off sale from now through New Year's Day! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance to everyone! No code needed at checkout and the discount applies sitewide! All orders will ship after the holidays.
Bok
Vendor

Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:52 am

Guys, you should give Jays teas a try and profit of this holiday discount, I just finished tasting the first batch of samples and the teas are all quite solid quality and for me the biggest selling point, something different! Never had authentic high quality HK tea before and I like it! Something else than your usual dim sum garbage tea!

Going to post a full review soon!
tealifehk
Vendor

Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:52 am

Bok wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:52 am
Guys, you should give Jays teas a try and profit of this holiday discount, I just finished tasting the first batch of samples and the teas are all quite solid quality and for me the biggest selling point, something different! Never had authentic high quality HK tea before and I like it! Something else than your usual dim sum garbage tea!

Going to post a full review soon!
Thank you Bok! Merry Christmas!
tealifehk
Vendor

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:22 am

18% off sale in effect through the 28th! No code needed and the discount applies sitewide!

Taking a budget trip to Belgium and the Netherlands! I'm bringing tea and a full gongfucha setup along, so if you'd like to drink some tea, I'd be happy to meet you!
tealifehk
Vendor

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:29 am

18% off Chinese New Year Sale now in effect! This sale will run through March 1st. While China is shut down for a month, I took my break early and I will be working through Chinese New Year! Lots of great tea and teaware will be going up in the weeks to come!

I will be including Chinese New Year decorations (while stocks last) and everyone making a purchase will receive two or more free samples!

Please note there may be shipping delays due to public holidays and because some of my suppliers are on holiday until early March!
tealifehk
Vendor

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:44 am

The 18% off Easter sale is now in effect through April 1st!

Hong Kong is one of two Chinese Special Administrative Regions that still has statutory holidays for Easter. Growing up in colonial Hong Kong in the British education system, Easter was very much a part of our lives. I decided to have an Easter sale to celebrate our unique history! No code needed at checkout and the discount applies sitewide!

The Chinese New Year sale had me the busiest I've ever been, so please bear with me if shipping takes a while. We pack with the greatest of care!
tealifehk
Vendor

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:29 am

Running an 18% off promotion on all green teas for QingMing (April 5th)! I have two certified organic Mingqian greens up. All orders will ship after the 11th of April! No code needed and the discount will show at checkout!

Thanks to anyone who purchased during the last sale! I am still catching up with orders since it was the highest order volume during a sale yet!

https://www.tealifehk.com/categories/green-tea
tealifehk
Vendor

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:21 pm

18% Off Spring Sale now in effect! Life is taking me into the wilds of Guangdong today, on the quest for some very fancy mid-2000s cakes I’ve been asked to source. This sale is sitewide and runs through May 1st! No code needed, and I’ll be throwing in samples and/or surprise freebies with every order! Thank you for a great March. Here’s hoping April is even better!
d.manuk

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:12 pm