TXPCeramics

Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:21 am

Great looking work! I suspect the TXP relates to your name, but you wouldn’t happen to be located in Texas would you?

Either way I second the notion of plates but also want to add in — I think bowls that are the right size for teapots are hard to come by. Either too high of walls or too short. Also a set of coasters would be great. Depending on how muting your clay + glaze is, a gong dao bei would also be great. :)
Ragamuffin
Artisan

Sun May 01, 2022 8:28 am

karma wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:21 am
Great looking work! I suspect the TXP relates to your name, but you wouldn’t happen to be located in Texas would you?

Either way I second the notion of plates but also want to add in — I think bowls that are the right size for teapots are hard to come by. Either too high of walls or too short. Also a set of coasters would be great. Depending on how muting your clay + glaze is, a gong dao bei would also be great. :)
Haha yes TXP is for my name/initials. I'm in Florida.

Thanks for the suggestion! I had someone on Etsy ask if I could make a gong dao bei, I'll have to try that; should't be too hard. I haven't experimented with making tea in my clay unglazed yet, but the glazed wares are pretty neutral.
LeoFox

Sun May 01, 2022 12:14 pm

Am curious what is your loss rate with wood firing? Many vendors set premiums for wood fired ceramics, and one of the justifications is the high loss rate during firing.
Ragamuffin
Artisan

Sat May 07, 2022 3:18 pm

LeoFox wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:14 pm
Am curious what is your loss rate with wood firing? Many vendors set premiums for wood fired ceramics, and one of the justifications is the high loss rate during firing.
Loss is pretty low for small, simple teacups. I lost a few this firing, but mostly due to a glaze that I used that ran too much. The larger or more complex the piece, the more likely they'll be a loss. Even without lost pieces though, wood firing is a labor of love. The wood kiln has to be monitored and wood added almost constantly over the firing period, often 2-3 days. It's far more labor intensive than firing a gas or electric kiln, and the results less predictable.
Ragamuffin
Artisan

Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:15 am

I just added a new batch of teacups to my Etsy page! The celadon cups of this are very thin-walled while the galactic purple and moon pink cups are thicker-walled

Ragamuffin
Artisan

Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:14 pm

Just listed a new batch of gaiwans and cha hai!