Do you eat any snacks with your tea?

klepto

Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:06 pm

@StoneLadle Debunix is a real tea drinker. Making me a mere dabbler in delicious tea :mrgreen:
mbanu

Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:00 pm

Almost always! Often in-between cups, of course, although there are some snacks that require the tea to enjoy, such as a dunked digestive biscuit.

The cycle seems to be "This tea pairs with this snack-", then, "Do you know what pairs well with tea? Food.", then starting to think about the details, such as "Maybe sweet snacks with bitter teas-", then starting to think thematically, "What snacks match the teaware?" then starting to think socially, "What snacks match the company?" :)

When you get it right, it adds enjoyment to the teatime.
StoneLadle

Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:12 am

klepto wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:06 pm
StoneLadle Debunix is a real tea drinker. Making me a mere dabbler in delicious tea :mrgreen:
Start munching with your tea yo!
debunix

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 pm

I don't necessarily snack with tea.....but I have tea with my food, and without food, in the morning, midday, afternoon, and many evenings, and right now I am enjoying a delicious Shui Xian from Old Ways Tea, one of my yancha explorations, because I wanted something to stand up to hummus with vegetables for dipping. It needed a sturdy, robust tea, and this yancha is up to the task. Mmm.
StoneLadle

Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:52 am

debunix wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 pm
I don't necessarily snack with tea.....but I have tea with my food, and without food, in the morning, midday, afternoon, and many evenings, and right now I am enjoying a delicious Shui Xian from Old Ways Tea, one of my yancha explorations, because I wanted something to stand up to hummus with vegetables for dipping. It needed a sturdy, robust tea, and this yancha is up to the task. Mmm.
that rocks...

i had a Shui Xian a few days ago with cheeseburgers and washed down finally with an aged DHP
OCTO

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:18 am

@debunix
@StoneLadle

Now, you boys are making me hungry...... hahahaha.....
debunix

Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:46 am

Female tea lover here.....although I one of my boys sometimes nibbles a tea leaf or two....

Humboldt is the tea-leaf aficionado, and he's in the back by the tea tray....
OCTO

Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:50 am

debunix wrote:
Female tea lover here.....although I one of my boys sometimes nibbles a tea leaf or two....

Oppsss..... my sincere apologies... 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
debunix

Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:02 am

No worries.

This morning will be enjoying Spring Sun sencha from Obubu with an apricot-cherry-walnut scone for breakfast. And I think the long overnight final infusion from the Shui Xian may help finish it off.
klepto

Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:10 pm

mMm scone.. It wasn't until I visited a european tea house locally that I learned to appreciate scones. Their tea is bad.. their teaware is bad but they have great cakes and things with sofas so you can relax and enjoy yourself. I tried an oolong there and they watered it down so badly I didn't know what kind of tea it was. :(
StoneLadle

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:14 pm

klepto wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:10 pm
mMm scone.. It wasn't until I visited a european tea house locally that I learned to appreciate scones. Their tea is bad.. their teaware is bad but they have great cakes and things with sofas so you can relax and enjoy yourself. I tried an oolong there and they watered it down so badly I didn't know what kind of tea it was. :(
...take out!!... Get home, get em nice and warm and tea up!!
StoneLadle

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:15 pm

debunix wrote:

OMG cats!!! ❤️❤️❤️
debunix

Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:34 pm

More of the boys here in the pets topic and here in their flickr album.

They do often make it hard to enjoy tea snacks by barging in and trying to steal snacks, and make it hard to enjoy things set out on nice teabowls and plates.
StoneLadle

Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:05 pm

debunix wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:34 pm
More of the boys here in the pets topic and here in their flickr album.

They do often make it hard to enjoy tea snacks by barging in and trying to steal snacks, and make it hard to enjoy things set out on nice teabowls and plates.
That's so cool.

My Fiore, a calico street cat, loved to just paw at my little teapot. She never swiped. She would watch me steep and pour then and just soft pawed it. She was never a snacker in that way though, but leaves oh yes!
joelbct

Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:50 am

I generally drink tea after each meal.

But my morning routine is always a toasted bagel with plant-based tofutti 'better-than-cream-cheese' (it is!) spread, along with a hearty, malty, balanced Assam.

I find the tanginess of the bagel (usually pumpernickel, garlic, or everything) and spread pair perfectly with the maltiness of a high-end, golden tippy Assam.

But most good teas, eating them along with a meal or snack I think might impair the palate a bit. And I usually drink seltzer or a Sodastream + pomegranate concentrate spritzer with lunch and dinner.

Of course, that Oolong they serve at Chinese Restaurants here pairs well with American Chinese food.