Introduce Yourself

Dresden

Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:23 pm

micpoc wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:53 pm
Hi everyone. Just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I live in New Orleans and have been drinking tea for MANY years, though only recently have I been exploring deeper. I am mostly a green tea drinker, though I sometimes have white and am interested in trying pu-erh. Hoping to learn a lot! micpoc
Welcome from the deep, dank swamps to the southwest of you. :D
maitre_tea

Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:09 pm

Hello, I was on teachat under the same handle, but I've been told that this is a more active forum. I've been drinking tea on-and-off for the last 10 years, mostly puerh and aged oolong. I was abroad for the last two years so I haven't been able to drink much tea, but now I have been reunited with my tea collection and teapots. I'm excited to spend more time on this hobby, and pick up more yixing teapots (some of mine got lost in the move sadly)
Victoria
Admin

Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:28 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @micpoc from New Orleans, @Teaups from Denmark, and @maitre_tea, where do you hail from?
maitre_tea

Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:20 pm

I'm currently living in Washington, DC where I'm hoping the more humid climate will help my puerh faster :D
teaortee
New user

Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:32 am

Share something about yourself and your tea experience so far, so that other members will know something about you and where you are coming from.

How long have you been drinking tea?

Around two years now. A lovely introduction to various Oolong teas then later Puer.

What kind of tea do you drink?
I still enjoy Oolong tea, preferably from Taiwan. I do enjoy Puer and find im more drawn to this tea.

How do you prepare your tea?
Gong Fu Cha

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?

Apart from building up my store of Puer teas, to include either organic or Gushu, I love collecting teaware.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?

Apart from the obvious benefits of pausing daily to enjoy tea, I find I feel more aligned with nature.

What is your location? UK
nohwonder

Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:50 pm

Hello, nice to meet you all, been lurking for a while now but want to start posting.

I mostly drink oolong tea (especially roasted oolongs), sheng, hong cha, and sometimes white tea.

I'm interested in delving more into yixing teaware and just the world of tea in general.
northandsouth
New user

Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:37 pm

Hi all, I have been reading for a while, and am excited to begin posting and engaging with the community.

How long have you been drinking tea?
I have been drinking tea for many years, but it was always a casual interest. I fell in love with Japanese green tea on a trip to Kyoto and elsewhere in Japan over New Years, and since then it has become a passion.

What kind of tea do you drink?
Japanese green: gyokuro, sencha, matcha.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
I am interested most in learning more about Gyokuro preparation right now, especially because I joined the Ippodo Tokusen Gyokuro Teaforum purchase organized by pedant. But I am also interested in branching out and exploring tea beyond just Japanese greens, especially oolong!

How do you prepare your tea?
I actually just purchased a new Mogake style Hohin from o-cha for Gyokuro and light steamed Sencha, which I am so excited to try out with the Ippodo Tokusen (pic of the Hohin is my avatar). This is the first unglazed ceramic piece that I have ever owned, and I am wondering if there is any special way that I should wash it or "break it in"? I know that I definitely should not use soap, but is there anything other than boiling water I should use to make sure it is safe and ready to go?

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
I love brewing and drinking tea for the stillness and beauty it provides, and I love learning about tea for the thrill of discovery.

What is your location?
Los Angeles, CA
Victoria
Admin

Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:23 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @northandsouth. I’m in LA also, maybe when this virus has calmed down we can share some gyokuro. People who are members of the Los Angeles Tea Society (on FB) get together at my place every few months. With most Japanese kyusu all you need to do is rinse and use. After using the kyusu, just rinse with off boil water, lightly towel dry and let it dry completely before putting lid back on, or keep going into your next session 🍃.
Victoria
Admin

Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:27 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @teaortee. A few other members here from UK, and plenty of oolong lovers too :) .
TeaTotaling

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:21 pm

Victoria wrote:
People who are members of the Los Angeles Tea Society (on FB) get together at my place every few months.
This sounds like great fun, @Victoria. I would consider LA for the tea community alone. The only thing better than good tea, is good tea with great people.
Victoria
Admin

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:23 pm

TeaTotaling wrote:
Victoria wrote:
People who are members of the Los Angeles Tea Society (on FB) get together at my place every few months.
This sounds like great fun, Victoria. I would consider LA for the tea community alone. The only thing better than good tea, is good tea with great people.
Yes, totally agree. I miss our LATS get togethers! Virus be gone 🍃
faj

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:28 pm

TeaTotaling wrote:
The only thing better than good tea, is good tea with great people.
No to sound contrarian, but great people without tea probably give tea without great people a run for its money... :D

Having both together is the safe and uncontroversial choice, though... ;)
TeaTotaling

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:44 pm

faj wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:28 pm
TeaTotaling wrote:
The only thing better than good tea, is good tea with great people.
No to sound contrarian, but great people without tea probably give tea without great people a run for its money... :D

Having both together is the safe and uncontroversial choice, though... ;)
TRUTH!
debunix

Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Yes, missing tea-gatherings!

Sharing tea up and down the office hallway helps, but is not the same.
jimmy

Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:34 pm

How long have you been drinking tea? i think 6 months by now.

What kind of tea do you drink? all types.

How do you prepare your tea? usually in a gaiwan gong fu style.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now? green tea

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there? how interesting it is. there's so much to explore and learn, and especially to taste.

What is your location? i'm a certified florida man.