Yann Zisha Gallery

Vendor news and self-promotion
Yann Zisha Gallery
Vendor

Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:37 am

pantry wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:27 pm
Yann Zisha Gallery
Thank you for your thorough response! Appreciate the transparency on clay sources and pricing :)
:D
Yann Zisha Gallery
Vendor

Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:38 am

Bok wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:30 pm
Yann Zisha Gallery thanks for the in depth reply. Probably the first time I read an explanation of rarity and pricing that makes sense in regard to Yixing.
Anytime :D
Chris

Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:28 pm

@Yann Zisha Gallery Thank you for the very thorough response!
Yann Zisha Gallery
Vendor

Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:05 am

Chris wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:28 pm
Yann Zisha Gallery Thank you for the very thorough response!
:D
Yann Zisha Gallery
Vendor

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:30 am

New in!

Xiao Ting, around 120ML. She Rong Fei always brings the best clay without a doubt! High-grade zhuni aged for 20+ years. :D

https://yannzishagallery.com/collection ... A%AD-zhuni
Attachments
61593606664_.pic_hd.jpg
61593606664_.pic_hd.jpg (81.81 KiB) Viewed 5846 times
Last edited by Victoria on Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod edit: removed duplicate images
26uk

Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi your email info@yannartgallery.com is not working. It's listed in https://yannartgallery.com/pages/about-us

But the other email info@yannzishagallery.com works :)
eon-pu

Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:21 am

Thank you for taking the time to go in-depth on these topics. A very useful read.

Picking between pots as we speak ☺️
teabug

Sat May 08, 2021 3:25 pm

Hello
Has someone purchased from that vendor (yannartgallery, yannzishagallery)? Some offerings seem dodgy. For instance, there is a three pot set offered for $745. All pots are of exactly the same shape. Difference beeing the size. The Zini pot comes in at 85ml, DiCaoQuing mixed with duanni at 80ml and Zhuni at 65ml, which would approximately match the difference in shrinkage rate. Yet the vendor claimes all three pots are fully handmade, when shape and size suggest strongly half handmade. Not that it would matter too much, but at prices of upwarts of $400 for most of the offerings, I have the feeling that webshop is geared to the unsuspecting westener. Everyone who has been to China knows of the attitude of chinese vendors when it comes to selling to westeners and the often somewhat relaxed attitude to honesty.
pedant
Admin

Sat May 08, 2021 6:52 pm

teabug wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:25 pm
Yet the vendor claimes all three pots are fully handmade, when shape and size suggest strongly half handmade.
you didn't link to the product in question, but if there are pics of the inside, you can probably guess if it's half handmade from the tool marks.
teabug

Sun May 09, 2021 3:40 am

I hope the link works.
https://yannartgallery.com/collections/ ... 8865160350
Unfortunately there are no pics of the inside and no information of the type of filter (one hole, 7 hole or ball filter) or pouring time, which to be fair lacks consistently with all offerings. The offered pots generally seem of decent build quality. At least as far as one can tell from those professional glossy advertisement style photographs. Also, to each pot you get the name and photoraph of the craftsperson, which is a nice and quite unique touch. But for the asking price of most of the pots, I would like to have more info. I am particularly keen on this quite expensive piece:
https://yannartgallery.com/collections/ ... -jun-100ml
But how much can I trust the clearly westerner orientated vendor, when a set of three identical pots is advertised as fully handmade...
Bok
Vendor

Sun May 09, 2021 4:45 am

@teabug don’t underestimate the skills of a professional potter. Any half-decent potter is able to replicate identical designs…

That said, you can also tell by some details on the outside of this particular pot that it’s handmade. Interior shots is not something the average customer asks for, but I’m sure they’d provide some if you enquire.
Youzi

Sun May 09, 2021 4:51 am

teabug wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:40 am
I hope the link works.
https://yannartgallery.com/collections/ ... 8865160350
Unfortunately there are no pics of the inside and no information of the type of filter (one hole, 7 hole or ball filter) or pouring time, which to be fair lacks consistently with all offerings. The offered pots generally seem of decent build quality. At least as far as one can tell from those professional glossy advertisement style photographs. Also, to each pot you get the name and photoraph of the craftsperson, which is a nice and quite unique touch. But for the asking price of most of the pots, I would like to have more info. I am particularly keen on this quite expensive piece:
https://yannartgallery.com/collections/ ... -jun-100ml
But how much can I trust the clearly westerner orientated vendor, when a set of three identical pots is advertised as fully handmade...
The prices seem to add up. If you look at the prices for the artist on the site "She Rongfei" it's also in the same price range. I think most or all of his teapots are fully hand made. I have the 90ml pear zhuni teapot.

His style / finishing seems more crude than other potters, which I think is a nice touch, but not that popular in China.

For more info you can probably ask Yanni about the pots you are thinking about.
teabug

Sun May 09, 2021 7:20 am

Bok wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:45 am
teabug don’t underestimate the skills of a professional potter. Any half-decent potter is able to replicate identical designs…
with a mould it would be even easier. I’m still a bit sceptical. The three piece combo features a 20 year old authentic Zhini pot fully handmade and then to be sold to the western market for under $300. That would mean those pots go for about $100-150 in the chinese market.
teabug

Sun May 09, 2021 7:26 am

Youzi wrote:
The prices seem to add up. If you look at the prices for the artist on the site "She Rongfei" it's also in the same price range. I think most or all of his teapots are fully hand made. I have the 90ml pear zhuni teapot.

His style / finishing seems more crude than other potters, which I think is a nice touch, but not that popular in China.

I interpret your post thus, that you are not unhappy with the pot of She Rongfei. Would not have thought that chinese buyers frequent those webshops that are seemingly geared towards westerners. Maybe the pots aren’t that overpriced after all. I will have a think about a purchase.
Bok
Vendor

Sun May 09, 2021 9:41 am

teabug wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 7:26 am
Youzi wrote:

I interpret your post thus, that you are not unhappy with the pot of She Rongfei. Would not have thought that chinese buyers frequent those webshops that are seemingly geared towards westerners. Maybe the pots aren’t that overpriced after all. I will have a think about a purchase.
No Chinese Yixing studio could make a living by only serving the Western market… drops in the ocean plus lots of questions and demands for “custom-made” ;)

Seems to me that many just put one of the young guys on the job to get a little extra business from the IG crowd, while they deal with the major national and regional markets. Happens with tea as well.