Introduce Yourself

TeaHead

Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:21 pm

How long have you been drinking tea?
I've always enjoyed tea since a very young age. Started to take it more seriously, right around 1 and a half years ago, when I bought my first Gaiwan and switched to loose leaf.

What kind of tea do you drink?
I drink mostly everything. My choice depends on mood, time of the day and how much time I have at hand :D . I usually start with lesser oxidized teas in the morning, and work my way up. Favorite tea by far is Sheng Pu'erh.

How do you prepare your tea?
Only Gong Fu Cha style, but with a very western approach as I tend to be too analytical and methodical in the approach.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
My interest mainly focuses on learning new things from other users personal experiences. I also seek to tap into knowledge which is at times hardly accessible here in the West. A big focus would also be on finding new vendors of tea and wares.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
Enjoy the multifaceted aspects of tea. It's history, art, culture, philosophy, and most importantly taste :D

What is your location?
Milan, Italy
Bok
Vendor

Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:01 pm

Benvenutti!
tea with lin
New user

Sat May 02, 2020 10:11 am

Hi tea friends.

I'm Lin, come from China and located in Berlin.

Grew up in China, meaning you grow up with tea. Tea is something so banal like rice, oil or soy sauce in our daily life and I didn't pay particular attention to tea before coming to Germany.

After having lived abroad for a few years, I started to look back to my roots and rediscovered tea. I was very attracted by the beauty of it - both material and spiritual. Tea leaves with beautiful pots, cups, plates, vases, cloths, needles - all those really cute toys and what you can play with them! and the sensory experiences around it - you know what I mean. But what makes me feel the most connected with tea is that, I feel so home once the Chaxi is set up.

I did my master in translation and cultural studies and I realized that I am a bridge. Language is just one kind of medium. Tea is a medium too, which connects people in a more natural and intuitive way. So after my study I moved to Berlin, bcs of tea and techno ;)

I drink tea in Gongfucha style almost everyday by myself or with friends or share with guests in tea sessions. When I do tea, I feel, yeah, that's me. It has opened me up and made me more connected. I have been sharing tea in different occassions, offering regular Saturday tearoom in autumn/winter time at RYOKO, doing side project "listen to tea" (tea/music events with tea artists and DJs) with ThirstyMoon, rolling my suitcase full of tea and teaware, travelling through in Italy and sharing tea in public such as at Piazza Santo Spirito in Florence..

I want to spread tea seeds to more places and share this spirit of tea with more people who might be interested or ready for it.

Hope to meet more tea friends and share more about tea here :)
gradiva

Sat May 02, 2020 2:45 pm

hey @tea with lin! Welcome! I'm in Berlin as well. Perhaps we can meet up and drink some tea together in person when things go back to a more manageable normal.
tea with lin
New user

Sat May 02, 2020 2:58 pm

sporad wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:45 pm
hey tea with lin! Welcome! I'm in Berlin as well. Perhaps we can meet up and drink some tea together in person when things go back to a more manageable normal.
Hey, yes, let's do! Keep in touch :)
Tea_vibrations
New user

Fri May 08, 2020 2:19 am

Hello, I have been enjoying tea daily for about six months after I was introduced to Cha dao by a friend. I really enjoy oolongs, black tea and puerh. I have a somewhat decent teapot collection. I am interested in learning about teapots, tea varieties and brewing techniques. Bending mindful and meditation led me into the world of tea to keep my health in check. I live in Olympia, Washington.
RobT
New user

Thu May 14, 2020 4:39 pm

Hello everyone! I'm happy to be posting to this forum for the first time! Thank you to all the folks that make this a vibrant community for learning about, discussing, and enjoying all things tea. I don't post much, but I do value community and will likely engage here and there when I see something interesting.

I began enjoying loose tea a few years ago but something ignited a real passion for oolong and gongfu cha style brewing a few months ago. I've since experimented with several oolongs, some greens and whites, and a few sheng and shou puerhs. I've found myself gravitating toward sheng puerh on the weekdays, shou on the weekends, and oolong in the evenings. I'm curious if others here have particular patters like that :)

When at home, I use a 155ml gaiwan or one of a couple different glazed teapots (160ml and 230ml) depending on how many folks are joining me. I have a 130ml yixing and a couple other size gaiwans on their way in the mail. At work I'm confined to a coffee cup and stainless infuser basket, which actually works great but makes me go through quite a bit of tea at ~15g a cup!

I'm really enjoying developing my palette and discovering the nuance between various teas, and I'm excited to continue exploring different teas, teawares, and brewing parameters in order to get the most out the leaf while not overdoing it. Here's to "right effort," not just in tea brewing, but in all things! Nice to meet everyone and thanks again!

- Rob T in the SF Bay Area, California
pchua

Sun May 17, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi everyone!

I am new here, so thought I'd introduce myself. I've been drinking tea all my life, but I never really appreciated it till I moved away from home. I started my experience with an order of green teas from Yunnan Sourcing US in October and haven't looked back. I drink all kinds of teas (I have a healthy collection of other teas including black teas), but recently have been really into Wuyi rock oolongs and Japanese senchas. I joined to look more into teaware to enhance tea preparation. And, to expand my knowledge of other teas, particularly raw Pu-Erh. Currently in the US, but moving back to Malaysia soon due to COVID.
debunix

Sun May 17, 2020 10:55 pm

Welcome RobT and pchua!

This is a great place to explore & share many aspects of tea.
pchua

Sun May 17, 2020 11:35 pm

Thank you!
Jules_Ludwig

Tue May 19, 2020 3:58 am

Hello everyone.

I just registered and wanted to share some informations about me:

How long have you been drinking tea?

I´ve been drinking tea for more than 10 years now.

What kind of tea do you drink?

I drink all kinds of tea but mostly Pu-Erh and Taiwanese Oolong. But I also enjoy some Japanese Greens every once in a while and I got stuck on Yancha, lately.

How do you prepare your tea?

I would say 90% GongFu style. Sometimes I enjoy doing lazy bowl style sessions, as well.

What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?

Tea is a neverending experience which always brings new aspects. Of course I want to expand my knowledge about Pu-Erh tea and Oolong. But I also wanna dive more deeply into ceramics...

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?

As soon as I found out how wide the field of this fascinating beverage is I was captured. Every day you learn and experience something new. This is a big point of what I love about drinking tea.

What is your location?

I live in the south of Germany. A teafriend from the states told me recently about this forum and I thought it would be nice to gather more knowledge and build up new friendships here.

My hobbies besides tea are:

Music - I´m a hobby drummer and I love to play on stage every once in a while)

History - I love the medieval times, especially the architecture and art

My dog

Have a great day, guys! :)
Bok
Vendor

Tue May 19, 2020 6:17 am

Welcome! ;)
mrmopu

Tue May 19, 2020 7:11 am

Welcome Ludwig.
OCTO

Tue May 19, 2020 7:31 am

@Jules_Ludwig
@TeaHead
@RobT
@Tea_vibrations

Welcome!!

@pchua

Welcome and looking forward to a tea session with you one day.

Cheers!!
Tyak

Tue May 19, 2020 6:01 pm

I live in Northern Florida and have been drinking tea for about twelve years. My interest in tea
includes all types as I am fascinated by the amazing variety and complexity of tea. Also the
results of preparing tea in different ways I find endlessly interesting.

The great information available on this forum is wonderful. Although I love where I live
there are few people with more than a casual interest in tea. Hopefully, the virtual group
I posted under events will be a constructive endeavor.