A bit of gossip about TC...

OCTO

Thu May 07, 2020 9:34 pm

Bok wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:44 pm
pedant wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 5:13 pm
i'm not trying to be disrespectful towards TC, but i was browsing their site and saw some funny changes.

they put "Oldest and Largest Tea Forum Online" on every page in the title.
this seems to be an attempt at targeting the "tea forum" keyword.
what if we put "Come join us for Tea Chat" in our title? :lol:

but their staff also makes a daily thread featuring an adagio tea.
e.g. "May 5th Discussion"
each is just an ad for their tea.

so if you look in their active topics, basically half of them are adagio spam. :shock:
Yes it is quite hilarious, I’ve watched it from early on when all those “people” commenting on their tea of the day discussions popped up in a matter of days. Even with obvious similar images to the Adagio admin :))))

Your idea of Come for a teachat is good! I’m all in for it :)
Great idea!!.... If you notice, TF actually is active round the clock due to the different time zones and international spread of the members here.....

Just an idea... how about...

COME JOIN US FOR A ROUND-THE-CLOCK TEA CHAT!!

cheers!
Bok
Vendor

Thu May 07, 2020 9:38 pm

OCTO wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:34 pm
COME JOIN US FOR A ROUND-THE-CLOCK TEA CHAT!!
Excellente!
Pants404

Thu May 07, 2020 11:43 pm

I too have noticed this. If I google a specific topic with "teaforum" at the end rather than using the forums search function I immediately get TC results.
This is mildly frustrating, not only for having TC content always show first, but their new banner is shown before the topic. If I am using my phone this means I can barely read the topic title itself.

If we were to follow suit it would only appear petty and messy.
While I enjoy poking fun and having a laugh above all else, I don't think that is a very good image to have publically and I would worry it could cost us respect.
My choice would be to distance ourselves from the seemingly hostile group that is now TC and continue being a great community.

As always this is entirely my own opinion and thoughts.
Webley

Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:31 am

I like to patronize the “little guys” when it comes to tea vendors. Sometimes they try harder. I’ll buy from a variety of them then decide which ones I prefer. Because of the Corona virus it was frustrating dealing with the Asian vendors. I had 5 orders that took on an average of 2.5 months for delivery. Consequently I’m staying with domestic guys even though i know where they get their tea.
Bok
Vendor

Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:44 am

Webley wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:31 am
I like to patronize the “little guys” when it comes to tea vendors. Sometimes they try harder. I’ll buy from a variety of them then decide which ones I prefer. Because of the Corona virus it was frustrating dealing with the Asian vendors. I had 5 orders that took on an average of 2.5 months for delivery. Consequently I’m staying with domestic guys even though i know where they get their tea.
But wouldn’t they have the same delays in getting tea?