A bunch of hand made Bi Luo Chun I wont drink

Buy and sell tea, teaware, and accessories
Sweetestdew
Vendor

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:08 am

Every year I buy from my friends dad who is from Taihu lake, Dong Ting East Mountain, the top location for bi luo chun.
He makes his tea by hand, so every year I a pound or two. This year I have been drinking a lot of other stuff and I dont think I will get to it all. If you guys dont mind paying for shipping Ill send you a can.
Baisao

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:40 pm

I’m interested. BLC is one of my favorites. Please DM me with details for what you are asking for a can.

My last purchase of Taiwanese BLC was underwhelming but it has been a long time since I have had BLC from the mainland.
Bok
Vendor

Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:59 am

BLC from Taiwan will almost for sure always be underwhelming! No real market in Taiwan for it and it seems not a good terroir for it any ways.
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:18 am

So few replies to your kind offer, I wonder if others have sent you private messages. I'd check your inbox.

Happy New Year.
mayoiboshi
New user

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:39 am

Hey :)
I'd be interested as well, never had the chance to drink it before.
pedant
Admin

Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:37 pm

what a kind and generous offer. thank you!
Victoria
Admin

Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:10 pm

Yes, @Sweetestdew very generous sharing. Happy Lunar New Year, hope you are enjoying.
Sweetestdew
Vendor

Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:41 pm

after much waitting the tea are finally able to go out. They are in Xiamen waitting addresses.
I have sent one to Australia, one to Diamond Bar and one to Charlestown.
I have sent messages to the people who messaged me showing interest. If you sent me a message but did not receive one back please send me a message again. If you are interested you can also send me a message though people who messaged me originally get priority.
I do not want to trouble my shipper who now has five small boxes sitting in his workspace :lol: so please send me a message in the next 24 hours.
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:16 pm

I received the Bi Luo Chun this afternoon. How nice to have this come to Boston on a gloomy day when large white snowflakes are starting to stick as the temperature drops to freezing temperature! Good to be cheered up when so much news is bad.

I thank Sweetest Dew for sending this tea inside a pretty metal cannister.

Included is 8 grams of Huang Shoul Mao Feng.

I look forward to trying both of them.

Now the snow does not look like a white mess but a dance of nature.

Cheers

Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:26 am

Is this offer still available?
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:43 am

Bi Luo Chon: Strongest green flavor + nuclear green reminding me a kid tasting a strong vegetable that he might love as an adult but cannot eat as a kid.

Huang Shoul Mao Feng: No flavor.

Please excuse lack of comments. I do not drink green tea. I can imagine those who do saying the Bi Luo Chon is great though I am like the kid who won't eat his vegtables.

Reminds me to be careful when I refer to green or vegetal flavors when commenting on lightly oxidized oolong & white tea. Good for me to try green tea sometimes to keep perspective.
rdl

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:04 pm

SweetestDew
Thank you for the nice tin of tea and the gift of Mao Feng. It arrived!
I'm waiting for the weekend to have a semblance of calm to taste one or both.
I am curious, I have seen a little bit of "fuzz" on the Big Luo Chun I've bought, but haven't seen as many defined "fuzz balls" as I see in your bag of tea. Does that indicate an earlier picking, or higher quality? Or...?
Really excited to have this waiting for me in the next few days.
Thanks again!
polezaivsani

Tue May 12, 2020 5:59 am

I should've long done this before and still want to share my experience with these teas with whomever cares to listen :)

Or rather with this other tea which came as a bonus - Huang Shang Mao Fen. So far i've had little exposure to green teas. This one though made much less of stubborn puerh drinker. And a bit happier one at that too!

Initially i was bummed to see a tea session last lesser than what i got accustomed to while drinking shengs. I saw it as a downside first, especially so because of the strong sweet spring-like sensation it left me too quick with. That's my new favourite kind of chocolate. To be precise, the afterglow is long enough, it's that it steeps out much faster compared to shengs.

Later on, i came to embrace this almost ephemeral quality as well. It's a good teacher in valuing good moments. And a stern one in not grappling to them too much.

Thank you SweetstDew for this treat so much!