Leafy Green Tea

Vendor news and self-promotion
chofmann
Vendor

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:19 am

I met several farmers that produce very high quality matcha that all do this.

I asked several other farmers that produce "mid quality" matcha (more Usucha grade) and they generally said that ideally they wouldn't grind tencha for a few months, but they grind it to order and therefore grind it down whenever orders come in - If they were to sell out of 2018 matcha, they'd be grinding their 2019 tencha down much earlier than ideal to meet market demand.

The general consensus among the top farmers was that tencha is best to be ground around August / September, ~4 months after picking (~2 months from today).
Victoria
Admin

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:38 pm

Thanks for clarification, so many processing nuances within each type.
chofmann
Vendor

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:51 pm

Leafy Green is super excited to announce that it will be opening a brick-and-mortar retail location, Ceremony, in Providence, RI in the next few weeks. The store will be located in the heart of Providence's busiest pedestrian area on Thayer Street, right in the middle of Brown University's campus.

Ceremony will be a blend of traditional and modern teahouses, featuring teas by the cup to-go as well as sit-down tea service (gaiwan, yixing, Koicha, Hohin, etc.) and a boozeless tea bar serving tea-based mocktails.

We are very excited for the opportunity to bring real, quality teas to a large audience and continue to spread the joys of tea.

If you're in the area, definitely stop by to check us out once we open. We are also hiring for those wanting to work with tea!
Victoria
Admin

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Congratulations @chofmann exciting news 🌞🍃
chofmann
Vendor

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:07 am

The modern tea bar. We had our soft-launch today (and tomorrow), before our official opening next week. So very excited to have come this far.
Victoria
Admin

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:23 pm

Exciting new beginnings @chofmann. Wishing you both great success. Thayer Street was my to go place for eating out when I was a student at RISD getting a BFA in sculpture. Lots of memories there.
chofmann
Vendor

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:14 pm

Victoria wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:23 pm
Exciting new beginnings chofmann. Wishing you both great success. Thayer Street was my to go place for eating out when I was a student at RISD getting a BFA in sculpture. Lots of memories there.
Love RISD! Brown alum myself, but the fancy light over the bar (as well as several other lights in the store) were all designed by a local RISD alum.
tealifehk
Vendor

Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:33 am

Congratulations on the new place! We've missed you on Discord. I'll let everyone know about the news and maybe a few of the east coast members will swing by!
chofmann
Vendor

Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:59 pm

tealifehk wrote:
Congratulations on the new place! We've missed you on Discord. I'll let everyone know about the news and maybe a few of the east coast members will swing by!
Would appreciate it! Official opening will be later this week (probably Thursday, although the poor weather here might disrupt things).

Things have just been crazy busy so I've had to significantly reduce "social media" time, unfortunately. I find it is very easy to spend hours online that frankly I no longer have :(
tealifehk
Vendor

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:34 pm

chofmann wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:59 pm
tealifehk wrote:
Would appreciate it! Official opening will be later this week (probably Thursday, although the poor weather here might disrupt things).

Things have just been crazy busy so I've had to significantly reduce "social media" time, unfortunately. I find it is very easy to spend hours online that frankly I no longer have :(
Very understandable! I'm cutting down myself!