Introduce Yourself

Victoria
Admin

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:19 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @bettinorosso :) 🍃 Excited to have you join us here.
Pete

Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:10 am

Hello,
I am Pete and live in San Diego. My mother was British so I've been drinking tea a long time ;) These days I mainly drink Chinese tea these days and sheng is a staple. I also enjoy aged oolongs , yancha and Taiwanese oolong. I drank Japanese green tea a long while but don't buy it much these days as I only have it for a change of pace. I mainly prepare my tea gung fu style. I am always happy to learn but am more of a casuall forum user that participant. I appreciate the community here but already spend a lot of time online and like to step away from the screen often.

I am happy to be part of this community and the wealth of shared experience and knowledge offered here. Peace
Victoria
Admin

Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:04 am

Welcome to TeaForum @Pete. For a casual forum user you are now participating in two of our first ever special offer group tastings. Diving in head first :) 🍃 Happy to have you here.
student t

Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:13 am

Hello teaforum,

I am a long-time lurker and reader of this forum finally signing up. I am new to tea—5 years or so. My daily go-to teas are yancha and shu; but, being a bit of a generalist by nature, I like to drink most kinds of teas. I think what drew me into tea initially were yixing teapots. I still love tea ware and most of the reading and looking-at-pictures I do here and elsewhere tends to be about teapots. I enjoy the discussions about the properties of this or that clay, but I am more drawn to the aesthetics, design and historic aspects of tea ware.

Drinking solo and living in a part of the world where I have not yet really found good sources for the kinds of tea and tea ware I am interested in (Australia), I have relied mainly on blogs, message boards, etc. for guidance. I hope to learn more by interacting directly with the members here, many of whom obviously have an extraordinary amount of knowledge and willingness to generously share it with others.
Victoria
Admin

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:46 am

Welcome @student t you’ve done to the right place. Glad you finally joined 🍃
t-curious

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:56 am

Welcome to the forum @student t! I’m in the same boat as you. I live in an area where access to tea is limited locally. I get all my tea information from the internet or books and this is one of the best spots. Lots of helpful, knowledgeable people here as you already know :)
Pete

Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:11 pm

Victoria wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:04 am
Welcome to TeaForum Pete. For a casual forum user you are now participating in two of our first ever special offer group tastings. Diving in head first :) 🍃 Happy to have you here.
The inclusive spirit of community here is wonderful. I hope I get the chance to raise a cup with some of you in the years to come. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into the group buys @Victoria
student t

Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:40 pm

Thanks for the welcome, @Victoria and @t-curious!
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:50 pm

:mrgreen: Welcome to our forum, so happy to have you here student t.
pedant
Admin

Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:51 pm

welcome, @Zenshin! where have you been getting kamairicha from, thés du japon?

yo, @bettinorosso, @Pete, and @student t! great to see you guys here. :mrgreen:
Zenshin

Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:09 am

pedant wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:51 pm
welcome, Zenshin! where have you been getting kamairicha from, thés du japon?
@pedant Until now from The Teacrane and different grades from a small farmer in Kumamoto we sell at our shop here in Düsseldorf :)
I just ordered the Kôshun and Mine Kaori from Florent thought haha :D
Youzi

Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:27 pm

• How long have you been drinking tea?
5 Years
  • What kind of tea do you drink?
Pu'er (Sheng(Young&Old)/Shu), Red Tea, White Tea (Yunnan||Aged), Wulong(Darker, Roasted)
  • How do you prepare your tea?
Gong Fu style, with Yixing Teapots. I choose a teapot I want to drink tea together with, then choose a tea we both like.
  • What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
Yixing teaware. Different Yixing clays and processing techniques. The effect of Yixing clay on tea.
  • What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
Needing Caffein, but Coffee tasting horrible, no matter how well it was made or how the beans were roasted or came from.
Flavors of tea, I would've never expected to come across, while drinking some hot leaf juice... :D
  • What is your location?
On the Bridge of Shaxi, Yunnan, China
t-curious

Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:55 pm

Welcome to the forum @Youzi. Glad you’re here :)
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi Youzi, welcome to Teaforum, looking forward to seeing you around!
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:58 pm

Hi Pete and bettinorossi, hearty welcome to our forum. :mrgreen: