Tea From Taiwan

Taiwan Sourcing

theFormosa.com

Tea Masters

Taiwan Leaf Tea

Eco-Cha Teas

tea vivre

Pure Taiwan Tea
Last edited by pedant on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: mod edit: restored
Victoria
Admin

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:26 pm

Interesting list and Welcome to TeaForum looking forward to your Introduction. Have you personally ordered from all these vendors?
In another thread ‘Let’s talk about Da Yu Ling@esontea is a highly recommended DaYuLing (Da Yu Ling, DYL) 95k farmer. Not sure how to order from esontea though? In the past I have purchased good quality DaYuLing from HY Chen in Taiwan and Floating Leaves in Seattle. As members post their preferences possibly you can update your original list.
esontea
Vendor

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:37 pm

Victoria wrote:
Interesting list and Welcome to TeaForum looking forward to your Introduction. Have you personally ordered from all these vendors?
In another thread ‘Let’s talk about Da Yu Ling’ esontea is a highly recommended DaYuLing (Da Yu Ling, DYL) 95k farmer. Not sure how to order from esontea though? In the past I have purchased good quality DaYuLing from HY Chen in Taiwan and Floating Leaves in Seattle. As members post their preferences possibly you can update your original list.
We only do business in Taiwan at the moment.Perhaps there will be a website dedicated to selling tea to other areas.
But not yet.

Now the quickest way is to come straight to our tea garden and visit me.
Brent D

Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:00 pm

I have been blessed enough to get my hands on some of easonteas product. It has been sitting a few days, and I plan to sample tonight. Stay tuned ;)
You should add Taiwan Tea Crafts to your list. They are probably my favorite, if I cant go direct to a farmer.
teataiwanlover
New user

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:43 am

Victoria wrote:
In another thread ‘Let’s talk about Da Yu Ling’ esontea is a highly recommended DaYuLing (Da Yu Ling, DYL) 95k farmer. Not sure how to order from esontea though? In the past I have purchased good quality DaYuLing from HY Chen in Taiwan and Floating Leaves in Seattle. As members post their preferences possibly you can update your original list.
HY Chen in Taiwan tainan?
Victoria
Admin

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:09 am

teataiwanlover wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:43 am
Victoria wrote:
HY Chen[/url] in Taiwan tainan?
Yes. He sells high mountain oolong from friends as well.
.m.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:25 am

teataiwanlover wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:04 am
Maybe you can say something about these links. Have you tried these teas? Are these verified Da Yu Ling teas, or from trustworthy sellers that are known to be knowledgeable enough not to be easily fooled and to have the right connections? Or is it just random links claiming to be Da Yu Ling and posted here for discussion?
tealeave2019
New user

Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:19 am

https://www.taiwanteacrafts.com/shop/product-category/teas-by-collection/high-mountain-teas/
Victoria
Admin

Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:31 am

Brent D wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:00 pm
I have been blessed enough to get my hands on some of easonteas product. It has been sitting a few days, and I plan to sample tonight. Stay tuned ;)
You should add Taiwan Tea Crafts to your list. They are probably my favorite, if I cant go direct to a farmer.
@Brent D how did you find this DaYuLing?
Brent D

Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:23 pm

Absolutely excellent quality.
It needed to breath for a few days. I find this is common for good, fresh Gaoshan. Ive been drinking it almost daily. It doesnt have all the sweetness that I used to get in the higher elevation stuff we used to be able to get (perhaps my memory is rose tinted). Middle of the road on the creamy undertones. Longevity is standard high mountain fair. I get 3-4 good steeps, then I go for a super long steep. If it doesnt get too bitter, I feel the leaves have been well spent.
I have been heavily testing it in silver. I find it brings out the higher notes and makes flaws stand out much more. I call this my silver test. If I continue to use silver for enjoyment, I say it passes the test.
It passes the test.
Victoria
Admin

Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:07 pm

@Brent D thanks for update. Also, how did you happen to get it, via a pm?
Brent D

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:35 pm

Victoria wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:07 pm
Brent D thanks for update. Also, how did you happen to get it, via a pm?
yup :)
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:32 pm

Brent D wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:23 pm
. Brent,
I have been heavily testing it in silver. I find it brings out the higher notes and makes flaws stand out much more. I call this my silver test. If I continue to use silver for enjoyment, I say it passes the test.
It passes the test.
1. What flaws do you find? I need to steep dayuling much too long to ruin it (by making it bitter).
2. I enjoy reading about your "silver test". I have tested or experimented with a few types of teaware for my favorite teas. I come to a conclusion & write down what was best for a tea & why. Later I often ignore the knowledge gained. Laziness often leads me to use one piece for all of my tea for a while. For a couple of months it had been a Taiwanese teapot (glazed outside, unglazed inside). A couple of days ago, I decided to use the pot, gaiwan, or bowl that is best for a tea.
3. For dayuling I prefer a porcelain bowl. The bowl allows the widest array of flavors & the most intesting differences from infusion to infusion. I do get one less infusion with a bowl than with a teapot. (7 instead of 8)
Cheers