Introduce Yourself

Justin

Sat May 25, 2019 9:25 am

How long have you been drinking tea?
I started drinking tea about a year ago in college, but I didn't seriously start drinking tea until about 6 months ago.
What kind of tea do you drink?
Right now I lean more toward darker teas like aged raw pu'erh, red tea, but I also enjoy Taiwan oolongs
How do you prepare your tea?
I use a cheapo yixing pot for my aged raw pu'erh, but a simple gaiwan for everything else
What tea knowledge are you interested in exploring right now?
I am mainly exploring pu'erh, the history behind it, how to store it and, of course, trying lots of pu'erh.
What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?
At first, I came because I heard of the health benefits of matcha. Then I just started drinking through my parent's Taiwan oolong collection. Then I heard about the hype of pu'erh and just jumped aboard the train.
What is your location?
Diamond Bar, CA
Victoria
Admin

Sat May 25, 2019 1:12 pm

@Justin Welcome to TeaForum. Good to hear of your pu’erh exploration. Since you are in Los Angeles area, you might consider joining Los Angeles Tea Society as well (on FaceBook, closed group). We get together to share tea occasionally, with a lot of pu’erh, and oolong heads. I usually share a Japanese green as well.
Dresden

Sat May 25, 2019 3:51 pm

@Justin Welcome to the boards! I am beginning to explore puerh myself. This is a great place to interact and learn.
sizmo

Sun May 26, 2019 12:04 pm

Hi. hello

I am new here. i love loose leaf black tea. I am only now finding out more about black tea.

nice to meet you all :)

I am from the Caribbean
Dresden

Sun May 26, 2019 3:07 pm

sizmo wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:04 pm
Hi. hello

I am new here. i love loose leaf black tea. I am only now finding out more about black tea.

nice to meet you all :)

I am from the Caribbean
Welcome @sizmo ! You will find this site to be a big help as your tea journey continues!
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Sun May 26, 2019 3:59 pm

Welcome sizmo, enjoy learning about tea with all of us.
Victoria
Admin

Sun May 26, 2019 4:00 pm

Welcome @sizmo nice to have a member in the Caribbean. Where are you there, it’s a big area? You’ve found a good place to explore an array of tea choices and will find unashamedly passionate tea lovers.
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Sun May 26, 2019 4:02 pm

Glad you joined us justin. Looking forward to seeing you around our informative tea forum.
Justin

Mon May 27, 2019 8:40 pm

Victoria wrote:
Justin Welcome to TeaForum. Good to hear of your pu’erh exploration. Since you are in Los Angeles area, you might consider joining Los Angeles Tea Society as well (on FaceBook, closed group). We get together to share tea occasionally, with a lot of pu’erh, and oolong heads. I usually share a Japanese green as well.
Hi Victoria,
Do you guys host meet-ups for tea in the LA area?
Victoria
Admin

Tue May 28, 2019 1:44 am

Justin wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:40 pm
Victoria wrote:
Justin Welcome to TeaForum. Good to hear of your pu’erh exploration. Since you are in Los Angeles area, you might consider joining Los Angeles Tea Society as well (on FaceBook, closed group). We get together to share tea occasionally, with a lot of pu’erh, and oolong heads. I usually share a Japanese green as well.
Hi Victoria,
Do you guys host meet-ups for tea in the LA area?
Yes we do, they are great. We are serious types that have a good time too.
leicesterteaguy

Tue May 28, 2019 12:55 pm

Hey there, my name is Jack and I'm super excited to find this forum! I'm really looking forward to contributing to discussions going forward.

I've drunk tea literally all my life (British!) but began seriously exploring it back in 2008. In that year I joined the Teachat forum (user: Jack_teachat) and soon immersed myself in the world of Japanese green tea with the helpful guidance of Chip and others (*waves) and O-Cha of course!

In my ten years of serious tea drinking I have attempted to explore the tea world but still have a long way to go. My favourites remain Japanese greens, but I am also very partial to aged raw Pu-erhs and Wuyi Yanchas.

Traditional wares and eastern brewing methods, e.g. gongfu cha

Everything! I love learning about tea.

What factors lead you to delve into the world of tea, and what is keeping you there?

Tea first and foremost gives me a space to cultivate inner peace; preparing it keeps me in the present. The fact that good tea tastes amazing is a bonus!

What is your location?

Leicester, UK (hence the username!)
Dresden

Tue May 28, 2019 9:37 pm

Welcome back, Jack! You will find that a lot of us old TCers have gravitated here :D
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Wed May 29, 2019 7:03 am

Welcome Jack, glad you are back.!
Looking forward to seeing you around here :mrgreen:
Victoria
Admin

Fri May 31, 2019 1:08 pm

pantry wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:50 pm
Hi, my name is pantry. Have been lurking here for a while. Great place for tea lovers!

I'm adding more info here, since my original intro was quite short. (Thanks, Victoria, for the reminder!)

Since I could remember! I'm Cantonese, and tea is an integral yet ordinary part of our culture. However, I only started drinking tea mindfully/intentionally (with a spiritual aspect) maybe 3-4 years ago.

All kinds! English-style black in a teabag was a novelty in college for me (along with coffee)! Then I branched out to Japanese for a long while, and am back to exploring Chinese now, primarily more warming types like high-ox oolong and aged pu. There'll always be matcha since it's part of my tea practice.

Whatever suitable to the type of tea and the occasion.

Yancha and Dan Cong. Different clays for teapots. History.
Glad to see your updated Intro Pantry. Using matcha to keep you alert while meditating :) .
Ubacat

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi , I'm Ubacat and have been lurking for awhile.

As long as I can remember. I grew up drinking black tea but branched out into other teas later.

Mostly green (Chinese & Japanese) but also enjoy white, light oolong, straight herbal, & a small amount of Chinese blacks & raw Pu-erh.

Western & gongfu.

I've always wanted to try out all the green teas of China. I never thought that would have been possible a long time ago, but now there are so many online vendors selling direct, it's a dream come true.

What is your location?
I'm in Southern Ontario, Canada.