Admin

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:52 pm

Ethan Kurland wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:04 pm
PM me, please. Cheers
Okay put order in finally :)
debunix

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:34 am

I have recently finished off my first tea order from Ethan, and while I have too much tea at home at the moment to order any more from anyone, I can say that was some very fine tea, and I'd order if there was room in the tea chest!
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:00 am

debunix wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:34 am
I have recently finished off my first tea order from Ethan, and while I have too much tea at home at the moment to order any more from anyone, I can say that was some very fine tea, and I'd order if there was room in the tea chest!
Thank you for the kind words, debunix. (Just noticed the post today.)

Update: Now available through November 15th only: Foushoushan: 60 gram packets in vacuum packs, $62; &, Himalayan Orange @ 20 cents a gram (any quantity up to 400 grams).

Other teas listed before are not available now.
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Last reminder: Orders must be received by end of tomorrow, November 15th. Available: Foushoushan in 60-gram vacuum packs, $62; Himalayan Orange (Organic via Jun Chiyabari) 85-gram resealable ziplock Kraft Paper/double foil pouches, $19.

I won't be selling tea after tomorrow for the following 3 months. Cheers, Ethan
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:34 pm

Sampling and testing the new winter teas. So far it is quite pleasing, though I now think final judgments should be made after teas settle (several weeks more).

Early impressions: Very lightly oxidized oolong; from 1600 to 1800m up Shanlanxi that I call Perfect, remains true to its name and seems even a bit better (which may be normal Spring/Winter comparison); dayuling is definitely better and seems fussy about preparation (but I am traveling without my normal setup). High mountain black that I have called Sinensis seems closer to the best blacks; Championship Black seems the same. New: A medium-oxidixed oolong that is bug bitten (and not roasted) greatly pleases and excites me (I am sure of its excellence but worry that because I have not had anything like oriental beauty for a while that I am not subjective enough).

Anyway, I am now in CHiangmai. Thailand drinking expensive, excellent dayuling from Taiwan brewed in a typical hotel glass (and this time, it came out terrific but last night not as good). Cheers
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:18 am

Dear Members,

I spent weeks drinking samples before making purchases of significant amounts of teas; then as much time again drinking the teas that I had chosen. I am confident these are great: tasty, reliable, good value for $, etc. Until the 13th of April, not for sale to anyone but members here. You can PM for info etc. Basic information is:

From Taiwan:

Lightly oxidized gaoshan (Green or green oolong): PERFECT from Shanlanxi, 60 grams for $18; FOUSHOUSHAN, 60 grams for $60; & DAYULING, 40 grams for $40.

HIgh-mountain medium-roasted/medium oxidized oolong, 75 grams for $28.

High-mountain black tea, 75 grams for $28.

CHAMPIONSHIP BLACK, 75 grams for $45.

From Nepal: (Tea is from a few years ago. Still is fine. I send it in thick Kraft paper/foil zip-lock packs.) From Jun Chiyabari, Himalayan Orange (90% oxidized, usually considered a black tea). 20 cents per gram, 40-gram minimum.

Cheers, Ethan
Guy_Juan

Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:43 pm

I would like to order some of Ethan's gaoshan but can't access the pm. Is there some way to do this?

Thanks.
pedant
Admin

Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:06 pm

Guy_Juan wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:43 pm
I would like to order some of Ethan's gaoshan but can't access the pm. Is there some way to do this?

Thanks.
yes, you should be able to now. try here
Guy_Juan

Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Thank you, pedant! I sent a pm to Ethan.
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Guy_Juan wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:22 pm
Thank you, pedant! I sent a pm to Ethan.
No PM from you in my box. I will now try to send you one. Cheers
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:59 pm

Update: THNG FANG MEI JEA, ORIENTAL BEAUTY, is now available. Some minor price changes also.

From Taiwan:
Lightly oxidized:
PERFECT: From Shanlanxi, smooth, slightly sweet & floral, freshly vegetal w/o any bitterness. 60 grams $18;

FOUSHOUSHAN: Smooth, dynamic flavors, w/o bitterness, versatile, & durable (so many infusions). 60 grams $57;

DAYULING: Same top characteristics and top quality as FSS (above) but different. 40 grams $38.

Medium oxidized: From Lishan medium roasted: Smooth w// quality & flavors of leaves not being overly dominated by the roasting.
75 grams $30.

ORIENTAL BEAUTY (THNG FANG MEI JEA): A most interesting & complex OB. Really compelling as fruitiness (especially citrus) & spiciness seem familiar yet unique. Very versatile. 75 grams $30.

Black:

SINENSIS: Satisfying desire for basic, excellent black tea w/ more complexity than one would expect (underlying tastes of fruit). 75 grams $30.

CHAMPIONSHIP BLACK: Quite similar to Sinensis above but even smoother with stronger presentation of flavors. 75 grams $45.

From Nepal:

HIMALAYAN ORANGE: From the Jun Chiyabari company a vintage harvest is still so flavorful, like a most complex wine . 75 grams $15.

To order PM me. Cheers
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:05 am

Correction of my update (which nobody has read yet anyway). Cheers
Ethan Kurland wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:59 pm
Update: THNG FANG MEI JEA, ORIENTAL BEAUTY, is now available. Some minor price changes also.

From Taiwan:
Lightly oxidized:
PERFECT: From Shanlanxi, smooth, slightly sweet & floral, freshly vegetal w/o any bitterness. 60 grams $18;

FOUSHOUSHAN: Smooth, dynamic flavors, w/o bitterness, versatile, & durable (so many infusions). 60 grams $57;

DAYULING: Same top characteristics and top quality as FSS (above) but different. 40 grams $38.

Medium oxidized: From Lishan MEDIUM ROASTED: Smooth w// quality & flavors of leaves not being overly dominated by the roasting.
75 grams $30.

ORIENTAL BEAUTY (THNG FANG MEI JEA): A most interesting & complex OB. Really compelling as fruitiness (especially citrus) & spiciness seem familiar yet unique; lovely aftertaste w/ pleasant astringency. Very versatile & may use few leaves. 32 grams $21; 50 grams $30.

Black:

SINENSIS: Satisfying desire for basic, excellent black tea w/ more complexity than one would expect (underlying tastes of fruit). 75 grams $30.

CHAMPIONSHIP BLACK: Quite similar to Sinensis above but even smoother with stronger presentation of flavors. 75 grams $45.

From Nepal:

HIMALAYAN ORANGE: From the Jun Chiyabari company a vintage harvest is still so flavorful, like a most complex wine . 75 grams $15.

To order PM me. Cheers
d.manuk

Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:00 pm

Are the lightly oxidized oolongs you're selling from the recent winter harvest and do you have plans to stock 2019 spring harvest?
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:18 pm

Shine Magical wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:00 pm
Are the lightly oxidized oolongs you're selling from the recent winter harvest and do you have plans to stock 2019 spring harvest?
Teas that I have now are from the recent winter harvest. I will get some teas from the 2019 Spring harvest. I may not get both dayuling and foushoushan depending on how both taste and prices.
In case anyone would want to know, I am not selling the tea I have from Nepal & won't be. I will use the last of it myself and will only deal with tea from Taiwan.