Hagi

steanze
Vendor

Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:57 am

Show off your hagi ware - who's the potter? Why did you choose this piece?
steanze
Vendor

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:30 pm

I thought it would be fitting to start with a piece that was commissioned thanks to Chip's work in coordination with Magokorodo: Eiichi Shibuya's rock #1, from the Hagi SSO (super special offer) #16. I inherited this piece from Adam Yusko, so I think it is fitting to give this topic a fresh start with a thought to two people who contributed a lot to this community.

Victoria
Admin

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:53 pm

Beautiful yunomi like a moonscape, must be wonderful to hold.
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Beautiful photo steanze. Very nice tribute to Chip and Adam. Chip really enjoyed those offers. Maybe we can coerce him into doing them again. :mrgreen:
lac63

Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:33 pm

A special piece,
with force, earthly materials,
fire, character ...
it would be a luxury to have one,
although it is exclusive to take care of it,
spoil her

regards

Lluis Abad
Fuut
Vendor

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:57 pm

steanze wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:30 pm
I thought it would be fitting to start with a piece that was commissioned thanks to Chip's work in coordination with Magokorodo: Eiichi Shibuya's rock #1, from the Hagi SSO (super special offer) #16. I inherited this piece from Adam Yusko, so I think it is fitting to give this topic a fresh start with a thought to two people who contributed a lot to this community.
I've always regretted not joining teachat earlier, purely for the SOP's. I did participate in the latest Gisui key you summarily unlock (i think that was the hint haha), and really that tea pot has brewed some tea since then. The earlier SOP's have always enticed me, including the one you shared. Beautiful cups.

And to share something new. A little bamboo Hagiyaki! Charmingly rustic on the outside, it has a little bit more going on inside. By a seemingly unknown potter from the Meiji era; Kazuyuki Oga.
d.png
f.png
e.png
Last edited by Fuut on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Fuut, Chip and we're just discussing the possibility of resurrecting the SOP for our members here ... :mrgreen:
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Oops, by the way, nice teaware!!!
debunix

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:05 am

Sweet and subtle little cup. This morning, as it turns out, I was enjoying matcha from a Seigan sansai terbineri Hagi chawan, but again I neglected to get a photo with the prepared matcha in the cup, however, because I was too busy enjoying the tea.

Here's the cup, with some sencha in it from a bygone session.

It did perform splendidly with the matcha.
Fuut
Vendor

Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:30 pm

Jo wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:30 pm
Fuut, Chip and we're just discussing the possibility of resurrecting the SOP for our members here ... :mrgreen:
I'm sold :!:

Lovely chawan Debunix, seems one of his handmade forms. I have 2 pieces with this type of sansei glaze but none as beautiful as yours.
debunix

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:22 pm

That chawan was from an early TC Special Offer, one that didn't sell out immediately. So I got lucky. It also has twin little siblings.....

Fuut
Vendor

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 am

debunix wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:22 pm
That chawan was from an early TC Special Offer, one that didn't sell out immediately. So I got lucky. It also has twin little siblings.....
One of my main regrets finding teachat in the first place -- :D

Love the trio, i have a ton of Seigan's work myself so i can imagine the joy.
Jo
Mrs. Chip

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:46 pm

The TC SOs, were awesome. We rotate our cups often, however some are pristine and remain unused.

Chip and have been discussing a teaforum.org Special Offer Program. There is a lot going on on this new forum right now, so give Chip some time :mrgreen:

On a side note: I am currently sipping sake out of a Seigan blue! Of course it is dedicated to sake!
Victoria
Admin

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Jo wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:46 pm
The TC SOs, were awesome. We rotate our cups often, however some are pristine and remain unused.

Chip and have been discussing a teaforum.org Special Offer Program. There is a lot going on on this new forum right now, so give Chip some time :mrgreen:

On a side note: I am currently sipping sake out of a Seigan blue! Of course it is dedicated to sake!
Okay love this idea (not that I need anything at the moment, tad), and those Seigan vessels are super nice.
debunix

Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:06 pm

Once upon a time, I had a beautiful pair of Kumidashi-wan by Shibuya Deishi:

Sadly, they both broke

Image,

and I've been looking to replace them ever since. And a few weeks ago, Artistic Nippon put up a worthy pair of successors

Image, and I've been taking them out for a spin.

These are by Mukuhara Kashun. I love the feel of the thick crawling glaze

and the light interior shows off the color of the tea liquor

Image,

and sometimes this larger size and heft is exactly right. They're even big enough for matcha, although it's a bit of a tight fit to whisk properly