Troubleshooting: Site Issues & Bug Reports

pedant
Admin

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:00 am

debunix wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:46 pm
I just tried a search to find the details of a tea tasting session today. The key details were posted as an image, so I searched for the admittedly generic term of 'tasting', and advanced search told me that word was too common. I did search for only the last 7 days, and the search did not strike me as overly extensive, especially when limited as it was by time, or a similar search limited by poster's name.
you are right, i think that the phpbb default search backend is just OK.
i'll see if i can tune it or use a better one.
_Soggy_

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:11 pm

I think the text boxes/borders are slightly very hard to see on my computer(always used my phone until today). I didn't notice it on my phone, but my monitor is slightly less blue and more natural/yellow(it would probably be even worse when I have my nighttime filter on). I couldn't see the boxes at all to reset my password(they were all in the middle of the page too?) or anything in the profile page. Cream on light grey seems to be near invisible. Unfortunately the regular phpbb style is not good looking. Can we get a high(er) contrast version that is decent looking or the milkV2 style tweaked?
Victoria
Admin

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:16 pm

_Soggy_ wrote:
I think the text boxes/borders are slightly hard to see on my computer(always used my phone until today). I didn't notice it on my phone, but my monitor is slightly less blue and more natural/yellow(it would probably be even worse when I have my nighttime filter on). I couldn't see the boxes at all to reset my password(they were all in the middle of the page too?) or anything in the profile page. Cream on light grey seems to be near invisible. Unfortunately the regular phpbb style is not good looking. Can we get a high(er) contrast version that is decent looking or the milkV2 style tweaked?
Yeah, I see what you mean inside Profile area boxes are very hard to see. Will update soon. Thank you for pointing this out. You can also switch to prosilver in User Control Panel/Board preferences.
pedant
Admin

Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:41 pm

_Soggy_ wrote:
I think the text boxes/borders are slightly very hard to see on my computer(always used my phone until today). I didn't notice it on my phone, but my monitor is slightly less blue and more natural/yellow(it would probably be even worse when I have my nighttime filter on). I couldn't see the boxes at all to reset my password(they were all in the middle of the page too?) or anything in the profile page.
updated.

before:
after:

contrasty enough?
_Soggy_

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:34 pm

pedant wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:41 pm
_Soggy_ wrote:
I think the text boxes/borders are slightly very hard to see on my computer(always used my phone until today). I didn't notice it on my phone, but my monitor is slightly less blue and more natural/yellow(it would probably be even worse when I have my nighttime filter on). I couldn't see the boxes at all to reset my password(they were all in the middle of the page too?) or anything in the profile page.
updated.

before:
after:

contrasty enough?
Pedant, it is noticeably better and I can see the boxes now. Thanks!
VoirenTea

Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Email notifications of replies to watched topics currently just tell you that there has been a reply, but don't contain the contents of the reply - it would be a lot more useful if they did.

(I use several forums that way, and check my email more often than the forum, so it's handy to be able to see the reply, see whether there's any response I want to make, and then go to the forum to do so).
pedant
Admin

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:53 pm

debunix wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:46 pm
I just tried a search to find the details of a tea tasting session today. The key details were posted as an image, so I searched for the admittedly generic term of 'tasting', and advanced search told me that word was too common. I did search for only the last 7 days, and the search did not strike me as overly extensive, especially when limited as it was by time, or a similar search limited by poster's name.
i did a bit of tweaking today, and hopefully this will be less of an issue now
debunix

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:05 am

Better, thanks!
pedant
Admin

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:43 pm

VoirenTea wrote:
Email notifications of replies to watched topics currently just tell you that there has been a reply, but don't contain the contents of the reply - it would be a lot more useful if they did.
i agree with you. i don't have time to implement that myself, but maybe some day it will ship with a new version of the forum software
Tillerman
Vendor

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:35 pm

Victoria wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:55 pm
I attached this image easily it was 193kb originally. so pretty small.
Will post instructions shortly.
Zencha-Takumi_Tasting.jpg
Hi Victoria,
I am having problems posting pictures to the site - what are the instructions?
Victoria
Admin

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:56 pm

Tillerman wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Hi Victoria,
Sorry to hear that. We made posting pictures much easier in that you don't need to resize images anymore before posting.
I see in Oolong you are trying to link to an image file on your wordpress admin area. Since I don't have your password I can't fix the issue. If you copy the image file to your computer, phone or tablet, you can then simply upload it via attachments -below text box. You can also post to Imgur and share from there as well;

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29
Tillerman
Vendor

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:29 pm

Victoria wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:56 pm
Tillerman wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Hi Victoria,
Sorry to hear that. We made posting pictures much easier in that you don't need to resize images anymore before posting.
I see in Oolong you are trying to link to an image file on your wordpress admin area. Since I don't have your password I can't fix the issue. If you copy the image file to your computer, phone or tablet, you can then simply upload it via attachments -below text box. You can also post to Imgur and share from there as well;

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29
Got it - thank a lot Victoria
pedant
Admin

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:08 pm

Muadeeb discovered a bug related to image attachments:

when you hit Preview or are playing around with editing a post, the attachments list was getting messed up.
if there were multiple attachments, all of them would disappear except for the first one.

this was due to a bug introduced in the latest version of the forum software and is now fixed.
Psyck

Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:08 am

pedant wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:43 pm
VoirenTea wrote:
i agree with you. i don't have time to implement that myself, but maybe some day it will ship with a new version of the forum software
That would indeed be a nice feature to have.

When I receive an email notification, it is mentioned that no more notifications will be sent until I visit the topic, however I continue to get email notifications for that topic even though I do not visit that topic.
pedant
Admin

Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:25 am

Psyck wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:08 am
When I receive an email notification, it is mentioned that no more notifications will be sent until I visit the topic, however I continue to get email notifications for that topic even though I do not visit that topic.
how often are you getting these additional emails?
do you think every single new reply is generating another email?

i'm having trouble reproducing your issue.

i tried testing this out by creating a test topic, subscribing to it, and then replying to that topic several times with another account (without visiting the topic again with my main account):

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=448&p=5233

the board only sent me one email.