Image Posting Tests

User avatar
pedant
Admin
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:40 am

here's a thread just for people to play around with posting images. be forewarned that i'll probably delete it eventually.

Image
User avatar
Victoria
Admin
Posts: 2240
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Hmm, when I click on gatmcm image hosted at Imgur, and select ‘open in imagur’ it goes to various places at different times; the posted image, my own Imgur images or to a general Imgur area. It seems to be a glitch. Anyone else’s notice this?
https://www.teaforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18

Also, images linked from host sites like Imgur could be displayed a little larger over here on TeaForum, we need to look into that as a possibility.
gatmcm
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:06 am
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Victoria wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:04 pm
Hmm, when I click on gatmcm image hosted at Imgur, and select ‘open in imagur’ it goes to various places at different times; the posted image, my own Imgur images or to a general Imgur area. It seems to be a glitch. Anyone else’s notice this?
https://www.teaforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18

Also, images linked from host sites like Imgur could be displayed a little larger over here on TeaForum, we need to look into that as a possibility.
When I click the image itself I get redirected to the gallery with the three pics as I should, when I click the imgur logo I seem to be redirected to imgur's main page, this is on my tablet, will test on my computer later
User avatar
Victoria
Admin
Posts: 2240
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:09 pm

gatmcm wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:34 pm
Victoria wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:04 pm
Hmm, when I click on gatmcm image hosted at Imgur, and select ‘open in imagur’ it goes to various places at different times; the posted image, my own Imgur images or to a general Imgur area. It seems to be a glitch. Anyone else’s notice this?
https://www.teaforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18

Also, images linked from host sites like Imgur could be displayed a little larger over here on TeaForum, we need to look into that as a possibility.
When I click the image itself I get redirected to the gallery with the three pics as I should, when I click the imgur logo I seem to be redirected to imgur's main page, this is on my tablet, will test on my computer later
I was on my iPad Pro before, now on desktop it links to your pictures. Can you check if my post links correctly for you? https://www.teaforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17
gatmcm
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:06 am
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Victoria wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:09 pm
I was on my iPad Pro before, now on desktop it links to your pictures. Can you check if my post links correctly for you? https://www.teaforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17
Seems to be working fine, both on desktop and on my samsung tablet it redirects to the gallery with the two pics, note I'm not using any imgur app, just the browser.
ps. the kyusu is beautiful :D
User avatar
Victoria
Admin
Posts: 2240
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:58 pm

gatmcm wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 pm
Victoria wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:09 pm
I was on my iPad Pro before, now on desktop it links to your pictures. Can you check if my post links correctly for you? https://www.teaforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17
Seems to be working fine, both on desktop and on my samsung tablet it redirects to the gallery with the two pics, note I'm not using any imgur app, just the browser.
ps. the kyusu is beautiful :D
mmm interesting I'm using the app on iPad Pro... tx
User avatar
CWarren
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:22 pm

Victoria wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:04 pm
Hmm, when I click on gatmcm image hosted at Imgur, and select ‘open in imagur’ it goes to various places at different times; the posted image, my own Imgur images or to a general Imgur area. It seems to be a glitch. Anyone else’s notice this?
https://www.teaforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18

Also, images linked from host sites like Imgur could be displayed a little larger over here on TeaForum, we need to look into that as a possibility.
Works for me correctly. I’m using an iPhone 6 Plus.
User avatar
pedant
Admin
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:17 am

IMG_20171030_131903.jpg
IMG_20171030_131903.jpg (210.44 KiB) Viewed 4350 times
User avatar
pedant
Admin
Posts: 1003
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:25 am

IMG_20171107_083421.jpg
IMG_20171107_083421.jpg (253.31 KiB) Viewed 4349 times
IMG_20171030_131326.jpg
IMG_20171030_131326.jpg (279.39 KiB) Viewed 4320 times
plod
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:35 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:51 am

Image
plod
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:35 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:53 am

Image
User avatar
debunix
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:57 am

Image

Image

That's one posted from Flickr, and another from SmugMug, looking good so far. Next one from the phone....
User avatar
debunix
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:18 am

And here’s upload from the phone
Attachments
243D16BA-7245-469C-B49C-9CB210F7AF06.jpeg
243D16BA-7245-469C-B49C-9CB210F7AF06.jpeg (186.36 KiB) Viewed 4364 times
User avatar
debunix
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:20 am

That looks ok, except for some reason I am seeing the image rotated on my laptop Firefox, but it shows correctly--with the bottom of the cup at the bottom of the image--on my phone. Surreal. Off to check Safari....
User avatar
debunix
Posts: 1083
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:22 am

And desktop Safari shows the same thing--image rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. Both iOS Firefox and iOS Safari show it upright as shot. So odd.
Post Reply