Troubleshooting: Site Issues

User avatar
pedant
Admin
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 am
Location: Chicago

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:00 am

debunix wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:46 pm
I just tried a search to find the details of a tea tasting session today. The key details were posted as an image, so I searched for the admittedly generic term of 'tasting', and advanced search told me that word was too common. I did search for only the last 7 days, and the search did not strike me as overly extensive, especially when limited as it was by time, or a similar search limited by poster's name.
you are right, i think that the phpbb default search backend is just OK.
i'll see if i can tune it or use a better one.
_Soggy_
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:11 pm

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:11 pm

I think the text boxes/borders are slightly very hard to see on my computer(always used my phone until today). I didn't notice it on my phone, but my monitor is slightly less blue and more natural/yellow(it would probably be even worse when I have my nighttime filter on). I couldn't see the boxes at all to reset my password(they were all in the middle of the page too?) or anything in the profile page. Cream on light grey seems to be near invisible. Unfortunately the regular phpbb style is not good looking. Can we get a high(er) contrast version that is decent looking or the milkV2 style tweaked?
User avatar
Victoria
Admin
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:16 pm

_Soggy_ wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:11 pm
I think the text boxes/borders are slightly hard to see on my computer(always used my phone until today). I didn't notice it on my phone, but my monitor is slightly less blue and more natural/yellow(it would probably be even worse when I have my nighttime filter on). I couldn't see the boxes at all to reset my password(they were all in the middle of the page too?) or anything in the profile page. Cream on light grey seems to be near invisible. Unfortunately the regular phpbb style is not good looking. Can we get a high(er) contrast version that is decent looking or the milkV2 style tweaked?
Yeah, I see what you mean inside Profile area boxes are very hard to see. Will update soon. Thank you for pointing this out. You can also switch to prosilver in User Control Panel/Board preferences.
User avatar
pedant
Admin
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 am
Location: Chicago

Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:41 pm

_Soggy_ wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:11 pm
I think the text boxes/borders are slightly very hard to see on my computer(always used my phone until today). I didn't notice it on my phone, but my monitor is slightly less blue and more natural/yellow(it would probably be even worse when I have my nighttime filter on). I couldn't see the boxes at all to reset my password(they were all in the middle of the page too?) or anything in the profile page.
updated.

before:
Image
after:
Image

contrasty enough?
_Soggy_
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:11 pm

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:34 pm

pedant wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:41 pm
_Soggy_ wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:11 pm
I think the text boxes/borders are slightly very hard to see on my computer(always used my phone until today). I didn't notice it on my phone, but my monitor is slightly less blue and more natural/yellow(it would probably be even worse when I have my nighttime filter on). I couldn't see the boxes at all to reset my password(they were all in the middle of the page too?) or anything in the profile page.
updated.

before:
Image
after:
Image

contrasty enough?
Pedant, it is noticeably better and I can see the boxes now. Thanks!
User avatar
VoirenTea
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:49 am

Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Email notifications of replies to watched topics currently just tell you that there has been a reply, but don't contain the contents of the reply - it would be a lot more useful if they did.

(I use several forums that way, and check my email more often than the forum, so it's handy to be able to see the reply, see whether there's any response I want to make, and then go to the forum to do so).
User avatar
pedant
Admin
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 am
Location: Chicago

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:53 pm

debunix wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:46 pm
I just tried a search to find the details of a tea tasting session today. The key details were posted as an image, so I searched for the admittedly generic term of 'tasting', and advanced search told me that word was too common. I did search for only the last 7 days, and the search did not strike me as overly extensive, especially when limited as it was by time, or a similar search limited by poster's name.
i did a bit of tweaking today, and hopefully this will be less of an issue now
User avatar
debunix
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 am

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:05 am

Better, thanks!
User avatar
pedant
Admin
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 am
Location: Chicago

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:43 pm

VoirenTea wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:17 pm
Email notifications of replies to watched topics currently just tell you that there has been a reply, but don't contain the contents of the reply - it would be a lot more useful if they did.
i agree with you. i don't have time to implement that myself, but maybe some day it will ship with a new version of the forum software
Post Reply