Special Offer: Pu'er Books Group Buy

pedant
Admin

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:01 pm

i exchanged emails with @phyllsheng. he let me know that he has been dealing with some issues unrelated to the book buy, and the book buy is still happening. he will share more details soon.
teaformeplease

Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:15 pm

I was actually just coming here to ask about it. Thanks for letting us know!
algific_talus_slope

Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:31 pm

ok, thanks for the update @pedant
DailyTX

Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:19 pm

pedant wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:01 pm
i exchanged emails with phyllsheng. he let me know that he has been dealing with some issues unrelated to the book buy, and the book buy is still happening. he will share more details soon.
@@pedant
Thank you for following up with @phyllsheng
Time flew by so fast, it has been 3+ months.
bea trice
New user

Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:01 am

Hello dear group order people,
I also still miss my books, and it is a bit difficult to reach @phyllsheng by e-mail. Does anyone have any update? Has anyone received his/her books?
Thank you for the info...
Victoria
Admin

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:27 pm

Hi, there has been a hold up on delivery of books we ordered. For those who are patient, the books will come eventually. I’m okay being patient and waiting, knowing @phyllsheng will honor these orders in due time. Anyone who isn’t comfortable waiting, please pm admin and we will coordinate a reimbursement. Subject line of pm ‘ Special Offer: Pu'er Books Group Buy’. Thank you for your patience and understanding 🐌
pantry

Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:56 am

Thank you, @Victoria, for providing the update!
hawksquill
New user

Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:53 am

has anyone heard any news about this? ive sent multiple emails to phyll that have gone unreplied. its a bit disconcerting. would love an update.
pedant
Admin

Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:06 am

we'll have an update for you all in the next few days.
hawksquill
New user

Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:40 am

oh thats very good news. if someone could PM me (i cant because of a lack of posts?) so i can update my address that would be great. i sent emails to phyll about it but there has been no reply and id like some assurance that the books will ship to the right place. thanks!
Victoria
Admin

Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:44 pm

hawksquill wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:40 am
oh thats very good news. if someone could PM me (i cant because of a lack of posts?) so i can update my address that would be great. i sent emails to phyll about it but there has been no reply and id like some assurance that the books will ship to the right place. thanks!
No worries your address will be updated as per your emails. Also, we will email you as soon as we have all the updated info.
pantry

Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:31 am

Thank you, admins, for following up! 🙂
pedant
Admin

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:17 pm

Hi everyone,

We have an update for you. We have offered to act as intermediaries to facilitate sharing of information, updates, and any cancellations or refunds concerning this group buy. Below is a message from @phyllsheng:
phyllsheng wrote: December 31, 2020

Dear All Pu’er Books Group Buy Participants:

I am most remorseful for having failed thus far to honor my commitment to you on the Pu’er Books group buy that I initiated in late March / Early April of this year (2020). Furthermore, I sincerely apologize for having not provided you with any update or responded to your inquiries. Above all, I am most contrite for having breached the trust you have given me in friendship and goodwill.

Regardless of my personal reasons – substantial they may be to have caused my extended, temporary retreat from usual presence, communicativeness, and active involvements – I am solely and fully accountable for failing to deliver the books to you timely, as promised. As such, I take full responsibility to amend and rectify my failures to all of you.

To ensure that all obligations to amend my failures are met and/or to provide fair remedies without delay, I have implored @Victoria and @pedant to act as intermediaries-in-trust on our behalf. Accordingly, I have remitted to them a total sum that I had received with your book orders, to be held in trust. Any request for refund will be disbursed by them on my behalf.

I am immensely grateful to @Victoria and @pedant for taking on the role on everyone’s behalf without hesitation.

While I resume working towards meeting the group buy process, I need to remain in temporary retreat to cope with the continuous besiege of immediate family matters of great import. I expect those matters to normalize by end of January 2021, and I look forward to returning and being present and active among you again, as before.

As the group buy was initiated 9 months ago, and I have not been able to respond to your inquiries and/or requests, therefore I dare not presume what a fair and reasonable remedy is for my failures and breaches to you, on a case-by-case basis. As such – with my sincerest of intentions – I hope the 3 options below adequately present my intent to right my wrongs in good faith.

OPTION A: Full refund + interest, without cancellation of your book order
  1. A full refund of the amount you paid in March / April 2020,
  2. Plus 40% in interest (see note below),
  3. Your book order remains an open order, to be delivered within the 1st quarter of 2021,
  4. All book prices and discounts remain as they were in March / April 2020, regardless of any increase of cost, fees and other circumstances, and
  5. You may re-remit the refunded amount to me (without the 40% interest) anytime within 12 months after you have received your book(s), without interest (0%).
OPTION B: Full refund + interest, and to cancel your book order
  1. Same as with Option A # 1 and # 2,
  2. Your book order will be cancelled,
  3. If you should like to un-cancel your order, please do so on or before February 28, 2021 (the un-cancellation will be regarded as OPTION A).

OPTION C: Open-ended resolution (carte blanche), in fairness and good faith
  1. Please let me know your individual preference(s) and request(s) that you deem as fair remedy,
  2. All fair and reasonable request(s) will be honored, no question asked, and
  3. If the request(s) may seem to be beyond fairness and/or my ability to fulfill them, they will be discussed in good faith and without delay for a speedy resolution.
Note: the 40% interest is calculated per the average return of investment (ROI) as of 12/30/2020 had you invested half the money paid to me into Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) and the other half into S&P 500 (SPX) Index funds in late March / early April, 2020.

I continue to be most contrite for my failures toward each and every one of you as friends and fellow tea lovers. With the help of @Victoria and @pedant, I will deliver the books to you and/or provide for fair remedies per your individual view and request.

Thank you for your understanding. Happy New Year!

Yours truly,

phyllsheng
Please email puerbooksgroupbuy@teaforum.org for any of the above options.
Include in the subject line "Pu'er Books Group Buy" and clearly indicate which option (A, B, or C) you have chosen along with any special requests.

If you have already contacted @phyllsheng with questions, please email again as described above. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
oeroe

Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:38 pm

Thank you for the update, I had missed the email earlier.

So, if I simply want to receive the books, I should just wait?

I'm assuming so, but the email doesn't make this option very clear, which might cause unnecessary email hassle.

Wishing things get better with phyllsheng's situation. The options offered are most generous.
Victoria
Admin

Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:42 pm

oeroe wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:38 pm
Thank you for the update, I had missed the email earlier.

So, if I simply want to receive the books, I should just wait?

I'm assuming so, but the email doesn't make this option very clear, which might cause unnecessary email hassle.

Wishing things get better with phyllsheng's situation. The options offered are most generous.
Yes @oeroe, Option C would include just waiting to receive the books without receiving a refund.