Inaugural Group Tasting: Sinensis Yokkaichi & Ippodo Tokusen Gyokuro

Vanenbw

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:49 pm

What a great thread. Such delightful photographs. This is the first time I might have regretted getting rid of my Canon Rebel XS SLR because of disuse. My phone camera is just so-so.

This is some powerful advertising here. I want to go out and buy 100 pots and 1,000 grams of a variety of tea leaves.
Victoria
Admin

Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Vanenbw wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:49 pm
What a great thread. Such delightful photographs. This is the first time I might have regretted getting rid of my Canon Rebel XS SLR because of disuse. My phone camera is just so-so.

This is some powerful advertising here. I want to go out and buy 100 pots and 1,000 grams of a variety of tea leaves.
Yes, having a nice camera really is a good thing if you want to illustrate the narrative of your journey. Since this tasting wasn’t a commercial endeavor, rather a group sharing of hard to access quality teas, I’d say some member posts are so complexing and enticing that I too sometimes feel like going out and getting more of everything tea related. TAD activation :) 🍃
Vanenbw

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:23 pm

Yes, indeed. I might have to consider picking up a camera again.
Victoria
Admin

Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:51 pm

Salivating as I reach nearly the bottom of Sinensis Yokkaichi gyokuro pack. The fruity vegetal umami notes, are layered with sweet baked bread aroma today. Taste receptors stimulated to a high degree ... hmmm so good 🍃.

9g/113ml/108f/2.30min in preheated Shigaraki 120ml by Tachi Masaki, Chrystal Gyser Olancha, Ca water.
L.S.G.artapprentice
New user

Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:25 am

t-curious wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:58 pm
Thanks Victoria! I received mine in the mail today. :D

Could anyone recommend a brand of bottled water that's "balanced water -not too alkaline or too low TDS?" I'm not sure about that one. I'm in the continental U.S.

what Victoria recommended is spot on. I also recommend;

Fiji (quite sweet good for almost all fine teas. Makes very wonderful results when used with mid-high grade sencha and gyokuro)
Voss (very smooth)
PH+elctrolytes

from seeing ya all's posts I can say for sure I should never use anything but a Kyushu for making sencha and I NEED to get a shibordashi lol. I have used a wide mouth Taiwan buuuut I guess that's a no no ;)