Vintage Japanese Lacquerware Wood Plates, set of 6
$45 USD $30 USD
(Actual retail value: ~$ 60 USD)
This item was generously contributed by @Victoria. 100% of proceeds go to Tea Forum.
Item location: USA
Buyer pays shipping
Wooden lacquered plates /servers. Shunkei Nuri is one of Japanese traditional lacquer technique in Hida area, Gifu pref in Japan. It is supposedly developed by a 14th-century monk named Shunkei and was a popular method in the 17th century of using clear lacquer to allow the natural appearance of the wood underneath to show through. In Japan, this set of plates are used for anything such as fruits, salads, sweets, etc especially at the tea ceremony, smaller plates are used to serve Japanese cakes
- Lacquered Wood, Japanese. Shunkei Nuri technique.
- Dimensions: 3mm high x 14.5cm long x 10.2cm wide (5 3/4" long x 4" wide x 1/8" high)
- Condition: Vintage, as almost new.
Please click here to remit payment by PayPal and:
- leave "Paying for goods or a service?" deselected (i.e. use "friends and family")
- note the item name and your TeaForum username in the transaction
- contact Victoria to arrange payment for shipping