Group buy: Yunshang 2016 "Daye Qianliang"

Balthazar

Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:12 am

Posting this here in case anyone wants to tag along to the hidden clouds.

Yunshang produces two Qianliang teas under their premium 云隐 (Yunyin) series; the 野臻千两 (Yezhen Qianliang) and the 大叶千两 (Daye Qianliang).

Yunshang recently released the last 16 logs of the 2016 Yuntai Daye Qianliang (supposedly a total of 20 logs were made that year), which have all been bought up.

Some of the logs will be cut and sold as slices of approximately 1kg each. I will be buying some for myself.

If anyone is interested in getting a slice (or have questions), let me know. The sooner the better as I imagine these will go pretty fast. If I have an idea of how many wants to join in I can put in a (non-binding) tentative order and stall for some time.

Quoting myself from last time around:
Needless to say there will be no profit involved on my end. The bricks will be shipped to shipforwarder and from there to each recipient. That means that those interested will need to pay the cost of their brick(s) + shipping from China to their location.
For those interested in reading the company's own blurb about this tea, check their most recent Wechat post. I've attached it here as an original (with pics) and Google translated (no pics) PDF, as Wechat-generated URLs are temporary and will no longer work after some time.
yunshang_2016_QLC_trans.pdf
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
yunshang_2016_QLC.pdf
(789.21 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Balthazar

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:11 am

(I omitted any info on price. Because this forum is openly searchable and price controls are a thing in this industry, I won't post the exact price. Suffice it to say that it will be lower than the "official" log price of CNY ~2 per gram.)
Balthazar

Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:12 am

The order has been placed, this thread can be archived.

Those who joined in will be informed about further proceedings through PM. The logs have already been sliced, so it shouldn't be too many days before the tea arrives in Guangzhou.