London tea gatherings and other

thomas.vankeulen

Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:20 pm

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I've been here, browsing everyone's posts in hope of absorbing some knowledge.

I am left but feeling I wish I got to know some of you!

Travelling and social gatherings have been increasingly difficult these past 2 years but slowly improving.

With these thoughts in mind I was wondering if there are any members based in London.
Additionally, I was wondering, for those who are based elsewhere if in the event of me visiting the country in which you reside it would be possible to meet up and get to know each other!

I am patiently waiting for travel restrictions to China for example to be eased so I can visit once again.

Let me know your thoughts!

Best wishes,
Thomas van Keulen
Victoria
Admin

Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:54 pm

@thomas.vankeulen sounds like a good plan. If you come to Los Angeles please let us know, pre-covid the Los Angeles Tea Society would get together every few months in Santa Monica and surrounding cities in the greater LA area. With this new variant we unfortunately had to cancel an upcoming tasting, but looking towards the future with optimism 🍃.
Bok
Vendor

Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:31 pm

I have met quite a few of us in Taiwan over the years, welcome to join the club! I suspect though that Taiwan will be among the last to open up… fingers crossed!
bliss

Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:50 am

I'm down in Brighton, but would be happy to travel to London for a tea gathering.
thomas.vankeulen

Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:40 pm

Victoria wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:54 pm
thomas.vankeulen sounds like a good plan. If you come to Los Angeles please let us know, pre-covid the Los Angeles Tea Society would get together every few months in Santa Monica and surrounding cities in the greater LA area. With this new variant we unfortunately had to cancel an upcoming tasting, but looking towards the future with optimism 🍃.
Sounds v good!! My gf is actually going to NY, very far away still but perhaps, and hopefully so, I get a chance to visit the US, including LA.
If so, I'll definitely reach out :)

Thank you for the welcoming reply!
Bok wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:31 pm
I have met quite a few of us in Taiwan over the years, welcome to join the club! I suspect though that Taiwan will be among the last to open up… fingers crossed!
Fingers crossed!! I am keeping a tab on travel restrictions and while I still don't know where I would like to first visit, it's possible I will first visit those I am able to :D
Would love to get to meet you in Taiwan!
bliss wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:50 am
I'm down in Brighton, but would be happy to travel to London for a tea gathering.
Let me message you so we can arrange something! Would love to get together!!