Floating Leaves Baozhong Blind Tasting Event

Post Reply
User avatar
FloatingLeaves
Vendor
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:05 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:54 pm

Round Two! We're doing it again, but with Baozhong :o

We had a lot of requests to do a blind tasting sampler with our Baozhong oolongs this season, so here you go :D We'll be sending out four 10 gram samples labeled A, B, C, and D, and Shiuwen will drink the teas live over Facebook and Instagram for another "big reveal" on July 23rd (Tuesday) at 11:30 AM. I'll keep her in the dark again like last time, that way she has to guess along with the rest of you. I hope it doesn't drive her crazy :lol: :lol: :lol:

The teas this time around are our Competition Style from Pinglin, our Farmer's Choice from Pingling, our Smooth Water from Nangang and a competition winner (9th place of the 1st place winners, 2019 Spring Competition). We usually only do competition winning teas by pre-order, so since we don't have much of the competition winner we'll be keeping the number of samplers down to 35 total (about a third of how many high mountain samplers we sent out).

Once again, the point is not to challenge you to guess them all correct, but to taste the teas blind all together, without the influence of names. But it is SUPER fun for us to guess, as well. Basically, we hope this is super fun, educational, and gets some good conversation going in the online tea community.

It will be an interesting contrast with the high mountain version, because three of the teas are from the same location, two from the same exact farmer but harvested on different days. But they are all Baozhong after all.

You can find it on our site, like before. Check out our homepage (floatingleaves.com). There is a silly stock photo holding the place right now, but it will link you through. Look forward to drinking the teas with you in the virtual world!

Noah
Floating Leaves Tea
User avatar
debunix
Posts: 607
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:57 pm

Sounds great, I'm in!

The first tea that gave me the confidence to start exploring beyond the ever-recognizable bright red tin of SeaDyke TKY was a BaoZhong, so utterly distinctive that I could hardly believe it was from the same plant.
User avatar
Dresden
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:31 pm
Location: Bayou Self, Louisiana

Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:22 pm

And with that... I am in!
User avatar
Dresden
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:31 pm
Location: Bayou Self, Louisiana

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:53 pm

Got my samples in today.

Looks like it's going to be a Baozhong style hurricane party this weekend!
User avatar
Victoria
Admin
Posts: 1345
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:00 pm

Dresden wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:53 pm
Got my samples in today.

Looks like it's going to be a Baozhong style hurricane party this weekend!
We’ll be thinking of you. I see it is getting very windy and you’ll have a lot of rain for many days. No surfing with your teacup :) .
User avatar
Dresden
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:31 pm
Location: Bayou Self, Louisiana

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:41 pm

Victoria wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:00 pm
Dresden wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:53 pm
Got my samples in today.

Looks like it's going to be a Baozhong style hurricane party this weekend!
We’ll be thinking of you. I see it is getting very windy and you’ll have a lot of rain for many days. No surfing with your teacup :) .
At least I won'r run out of fresh water :lol:

Seriously though... They found flesh eating bacteria in the gulf and now there is a hurricane bringing storm surge inland. It's like mother nature watched Sharknado and said, "Hold my beer and watch this!"
User avatar
Victoria
Admin
Posts: 1345
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:09 am

Dresden wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:41 pm
Victoria wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:00 pm
Dresden wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:53 pm
Got my samples in today.

Looks like it's going to be a Baozhong style hurricane party this weekend!
We’ll be thinking of you. I see it is getting very windy and you’ll have a lot of rain for many days. No surfing with your teacup :) .
At least I won'r run out of fresh water :lol:

Seriously though... They found flesh eating bacteria in the Gulf and now there is a hurricane bringing storm surge inland. It's like mother nature watched Sharknado and said, "Hold my beer and watch this!"
Yes, I read about a guy in Destin near Seaside, swimming in the gulf who died 48hrs afterwards from the bacteria. He had a very small cut when he went swimming. This bacteria is also now along east coast beaches in the Carolinas, Maryland, Delaware, Jersey...

Keep us posted how you are doing. Hopefully your elevation isn’t too low and you aren’t eating raw oysters :?
User avatar
debunix
Posts: 607
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:17 am

Teas arrived!
Post Reply