Where to drink in Taipei!

Travel logs and questions
Mrteatime_

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:06 am

Good morning/afternoon/evening to wherever you all are!

I'm going on holiday to Taipei next month and I'd like to pick up some tea and drink while I'm there.

After eating myself into a soup dumpling coma I'd like to wash it down with some good tea. I'm wondering if the good people on this forum have any recommendations for a nice tea drinking experience in Taipei for somebody with a rather limited amount of Mandarin Chinese (very basic, hello, thank you, this, that etc)

Thanks, have a good day!
Bok
Vendor

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:50 am

For English speakers, first place for drinking tea is Wisteria teahouse. Yongkang road not far has some others. For buying tea I dare not to recommend as I myself do not buy tea there, the rest of the country has a lot cheaper tea. Taipei’s rents are high and the country’s super-rich live there, so prices adjust accordingly.

Lin Mao Sen and the neighbouring shop seem to be ok for buying tea, all things considered. That would be around Dihuajie, the spice market.
Mrteatime_

Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:47 am

For English speakers, first place for drinking tea is Wisteria teahouse. Yongkang road not far has some others. For buying tea I dare not to recommend as I myself do not buy tea there, the rest of the country has a lot cheaper tea. Taipei’s rents are high and the country’s super-rich live there, so prices adjust accordingly.

Lin Mao Sen and the neighbouring shop seem to be ok for buying tea, all things considered. That would be around Dihuajie, the spice market.
Thanks for getting back to me! Yes it seems that if I really want to hunt I'd need more time. Perhaps sometime in the future, thank you for getting back to me, I'll just do what I normally do and wander around and if I see anything good I'll just try it!
Bok
Vendor

Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:10 am

Also see my comments in the vendor section on where not to buy! Tenren tea and Chacha tea come to mind.