Patience: Spring 2019

Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:17 am

Word of the trouble for Taiwan's Spring season, seems to be another time when innocent concern mixed with not-so-innocent ploys to get people to stock up prematurely have combined. I was not immune to this. I got impatient & pushed for samples from Taiwan instead of waiting for my sources to work through the challenges. I also looked for tea outside of Taiwan.

The positive side to this for me, is my finding an excellent white tea from Nepal whose light body & flavors are perfect for summer.

Now I have been drinking Dayuling & gaoshan from Shanlanxi from this Spring that I could praise greatly but won't. My calm patience has returned; so, I will wait a few weeks to see how they perform after settling.

I hope to have good news about medium oxidized and roasted oolongs. Again, in challenging weather, skilled producers wait for ideal times to process....
Let's hope that they are successful.

It is easy to worry in this internet world. Let's not. Cheers
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:44 pm

I have added Spring 2019 gaoshan to my list of teas on my vendor thread. These lightly oxidized oolongs are slightly different than their Winter 2019 versions for me (not better or worse). Friends & family blindtesting & comparing the seasons of these by a 3-2 majority favored the Spring but even then only slightly. Anyway they are the oolong from Shanlanxi (PERFECT) & the DAYULING. (some small changes in price & size) Winter still available