Tea “Poisoning”

OCTO

Fri May 31, 2019 10:19 am

pantry wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:02 am
OCTO Very nice looking setup! Were these sold as cupping set, or did you mix and match yourself?
@pantry , I mixed and matched them.

Cheers!!
Baisao

Fri May 31, 2019 3:24 pm

oolongfan wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:02 pm
I wonder if there exists such a thing as tea posioning...like food posioning where somehwhere along the line, the tea was not processed correctly, the plants electrolyte, sugars and so forth were at unaturel levles. the state of the tea plant when the leaves were harvested...and as a result the tea became toxic/unhealthy to consume.
I believe this phenomenon exists but admit that it may not be noticeable to most people. I think it is similar to how farm raised eggs taste different from mass produced eggs. I stopped eating meat principally because I disliked the way it tasted compared to the livestock we raised on the farm. Just as most people don't notice how foul factory chicken tastes compared to farm-raised, I think most people don't notice a difference in how poorly produced/stored teas taste and feel.
oolongfan

Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:44 pm

@Baisao - I completely get the differences that you mentioned in home raised lovestock and eggs versus their commericaly raised cuonterparts. My sister raised chickens for meat and eggs -and they tasted much better than the store bought versions. When she moved, I had to rely on store bought chicken which tastes bland. Fortunetaly, farm eggs are common enough during the summer. I aso have a friend who raises heritage turkeys and ducks. Normally I dislike commercial turkey- finding it bland. My friends turkeys, howevr, are like a different bird, much more flavorful..nothng like those horrible bland white meat only birds in the stores.I understand you choice to give up commerically raised meat...wise as it is probably more bad than good for you. I can only imagine how hard it was to go from home-farm raised to commerical. You are corect, most people, however, don't know any better ;)

I think the same is true when it comes to tea. Your bosy will let you know if something is off.

@Bok - Thanks for the input. I am guessing that the timing in harvesting tea is not completely disimlar to picking wine grapes, for example.

@OCTO - Wow that is a nice set up..I am envious ;)