starting from scratch with a $450 tea budget?

Rickpatbrown

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Victoria wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:20 pm
bradenl123 before embarking on extensive purchases for the year, I would take up Baisao’s offer and visit him for a few tea sessions. There is nothing like learning from a pro. Baisao can teach you about tea and teaware. He’s just an hour away from you too. He was lucky to have had a teacher himself, so I’m sure would like to share this knowledge. Here in Los Angeles, one of our tea club members studied with a tea master in Malasia, his knowledge base is something we all soak up every time we are together. The difference between having studied with a teacher and not is clear.
I agree with this point. I learned more about tea in 5 days from a knowledgeable pro than I did from buying $1,000 worth of tea from dozens of online merchants.

Although, drinking lots of tea is ultimately how you find what you like.
mrmopu

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:13 pm

This is a simplistic vessel I use for 95% of my brewing. Solid and affordable and will do almost any tea you throw at it. With a filter you are good to go.

https://yunnansourcing.com/collections/ ... n-with-cup

I do less on teaware so I can focus more on the tea. Almost like Einstein who had all his suits look alike for work. This allowed his thoughts could focus elsewhere.
Baisao

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Victoria wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:20 pm
bradenl123 before embarking on extensive purchases for the year, I would take up Baisao’s offer and visit him for a few tea sessions. There is nothing like learning from a pro. Baisao can teach you about tea and teaware. He’s just an hour away from you too. He was lucky to have had a teacher himself, so I’m sure would like to share this knowledge. Here in Los Angeles, one of our tea club members studied with a tea master in Malasia, his knowledge base is something we all soak up every time we are together. The difference between having studied with a teacher and not is clear.
Thank you, @Victoria. We've been messaging back and forth.