Water Water Everywhere... What’s Your Water?

Baisao

Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:19 pm

I haven’t tried Eska but Evian should have had a thicker mouthfeel (and I wouldn’t expect it to contribute anything else positive). I say, if your Brita works for you then go for it. Maybe re-examine your taste for different waters a year from now. I know my preferences have changed several times over the years. :)
pase22

Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:24 am

Baisao wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:19 pm
I haven’t tried Eska but Evian should have had a thicker mouthfeel (and I wouldn’t expect it to contribute anything else positive). I say, if your Brita works for you then go for it. Maybe re-examine your taste for different waters a year from now. I know my preferences have changed several times over the years. :)
Well....Going from straight up tap water to filtered water made a noticeable difference. I have equipped myself reasonably well with a temp control kettle, a few different steeping gadgets and water filter. I am thoroughly enjoying discovering different teas and learning along the way. If I start chasing perfection, obsession is likely to follow. If anything becomes obsessive, it's no longer enjoyable so it's likely as far as I'll go aside from buying better tea which likely has a point of diminishing returns as well. I just haven't found it yet.
StoneLadle

Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:42 am

Evian is a tea killer...

To drink and spray on your face it's fine, but for tea, blecchhhhh
klepto

Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:14 pm

I was doing my regular grocery shopping and decided to buy a few bottles of Mountain Valley spring water in the glass bottles. I'll see if it improves the taste of my tea. My filtered water seems to scale my electric kettle quite quickly..
TeaTotaling

Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:02 pm

klepto wrote:
I was doing my regular grocery shopping and decided to buy a few bottles of Mountain Valley spring water in the glass bottles. I'll see if it improves the taste of my tea. My filtered water seems to scale my electric kettle quite quickly..
Great choice Floridaman! 🇺🇸 ♠️ It’s my personal favorite. I keep cases on deck.

It’s very mineral rich, expect even quicker scaling 😂 TDS 220-230!!

I do my best to avoid plastic, so the glass is a plus. It’s definitely a thick water, heavy, weighty. Suits my tastes and hits the spot. Superior hydration.

Tea and French Press coffee go to the next level. My Zisha kettle loves it too, it’s got a beautiful yellow-fuzz scaling developing. Talk about thiiiiiiiccccc water, simply gorgeous.

Let me know what you think 💭
klepto

Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:39 pm

TeaTotaling wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:02 pm
klepto wrote:
Great choice Floridaman! 🇺🇸 ♠️ It’s my personal favorite. I keep cases on deck.

It’s very mineral rich, expect even quicker scaling 😂 TDS 220-230!!

I do my best to avoid plastic, so the glass is a plus. It’s definitely a thick water, heavy, weighty. Suits my tastes and hits the spot. Superior hydration.

Tea and French Press coffee go to the next level. My Zisha kettle loves it too, it’s got a beautiful yellow-fuzz scaling developing. Talk about thiiiiiiiccccc water, simply gorgeous.

Let me know what you think 💭
Hey @TeaTotaling, I noticed there's a local distributor so I could get it in large quantities. You pick up any new teaware lately?
klepto

Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:06 am

Wow, daddy likes!! My filtered water is sharp and tastes like chemicals. This spring water is soft, thick and just rolls down your throat with ease. I need like 500 gallons of this ASAP :D
Baisao

Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:44 am

klepto wrote:
Wow, daddy likes!! My filtered water is sharp and tastes like chemicals. This spring water is soft, thick and just rolls down your throat with ease. I need like 500 gallons of this ASAP :D
It’s thick water so pair it with teas that don’t have much slip, otherwise you will get a super thick tea, which is kind of tone on tone. ;)
klepto

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:26 am

Baisao wrote:
klepto wrote:
It’s thick water so pair it with teas that don’t have much slip, otherwise you will get a super thick tea, which is kind of tone on tone. ;)
Gotcha, btw I had just descaled my kettle and after using the spring water its got spots all over it.. @TeaTotaling, you were right!
TeaTotaling

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:51 am

"What's Inside Your Bottled Water"
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... water.aspx

@klepto No new teaware, I'm fully stocked for a lifetime of use!

@klepto Focusing my funds these days on water, 🔥 espresso, and JP Enterprises 👈🏻👍🏻👍🏻👇🏻
https://www.theperfectwater.com/home-ma ... ystem.html
Last edited by TeaTotaling on Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Baisao

Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:08 am

TeaTotaling wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:51 am
"What's Inside Your Bottled Water"

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... water.aspx
Mercola is a discredited source of information. One assessment here:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/mercola/
TeaTotaling

Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:12 am

@Baisao Of course the system likes to discredit him :lol: It doesn't mean the information he provides is untrue, to the contrary.
Baisao

Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:31 am

TeaTotaling wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:12 am
Baisao Of course the system likes to discredit him :lol: It doesn't mean the information he provides is untrue, to the contrary.
Yeah, the SYSTEM is preventing him and Alex Jones from getting the real TRUTH out to the people. Gimme a break. I'm on my last nerve with the anti-science, post-truth movement. People who propagate this garbage are modern snake oil salesman, profiting from ignorance and fear. Don't eat yoga mats and you'll be just fine.
Victoria
Admin

Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:55 am

klepto wrote:
Baisao wrote:
I also have found water with very high TDS and mineral content to overwhelm most teas, muting or significantly toning down nuance and complexity. Back East I was using Chrystal Geyser Adirondack with a TDS of 210, I noticed my Pyrex pan was coated with heavy minerals after just a week of use, and teas weren’t as good as they could have been. Mountain Valley with a TDS of 230 looks to have a similar composition except sodium levels are lower, TeaForum Water Data. I think I remember a few friends saying that CG Adirondack paired well with Sheng though, I was having Japanese green, Taiwan oolong, and Darjeeling teas mostly.
klepto

Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:04 pm

Victoria wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:55 am
klepto wrote:
Baisao wrote:
I also have found water with very high TDS and mineral content to overwhelm most teas, muting or significantly toning down nuance and complexity. Back East I was using Chrystal Geyser Adirondack with a TDS of 210, I noticed my Pyrex pan was coated with heavy minerals after just a week of use, and teas weren’t as good as they could have been. Mountain Valley with a TDS of 230 looks to have a similar composition except sodium levels are lower, TeaForum Water Data. I think I remember a few friends saying that CG Adirondack paired well with Sheng though, I was having Japanese green, Taiwan oolong, and Darjeeling teas mostly.
i had just gotten around to noticing the texture and thickness of certain puerh, which does take some experience. Are there any other ways to improve my own filtered water? I wouldn't want the spring water to mute my young shengs.