Serendipity

debunix

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:34 am

I'm preparing for a day in an office where I cannot brew my tea through the day, as I do not have any private office space available. So I am filling up two thermoses with tea, and at the same time, enjoying fresh infusions of Fu Ding Bai Hao Yin Zhen from Jing Tea Shop. Using a smallish kettle, I filled each 1L kettle not quite to the top, then heated yet another kettle full of water to boiling and topped them off--but I overfilled each just enough to make closing problematic.

So I poured a tiny bit of freshly infused 2008 Yi Wu bamboo-aged sheng puerh and 2009 Lao Cha Tou Shu (both from Norbu) each into my cup, just a little to let the thermoses seal. And then I poured more still very hot water into the silver needle leaves in the pot, and only then realized: very hot water, still early infusions for the silver needle, and it would need to be a short infusion, but my cup is full of traces of two puerhs. I said what the heck, poured out the silver needle into the cup, and drank the mix: magic! The puerhs give a little depth and a hint of herbaceous bite, the silver needle gives a little floral and fruity, and it is just LOVELY.

Sometimes a little sloppiness can lead to moments of wonder.
Teachronicles

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:25 pm

i know of a few people that blend together teas that they have an awkward amount of left, 1-2 grams. Sometimes with great results! and also, sometimes not :lol:
OCTO

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:45 pm

I enjoy blending young sheng with some roasted oolong as a casual drink. It’s surprisingly soothing and fun to experiment with.

Cheers!