Tea Journey -------> Tea Destination, figuratively speaking

Chip
Admin

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:20 pm

Over simplified albeit, I have always referred to my periods of tea discovery ... and finding what tea is me ... as my personal "tea journey".

And one day, perhaps I would arrive at my final tea destination.

I have very recently been giving my own standing a lot of ... consideration. This ignited an interest in where does everyone consider themselves to be in their personal tea journeys.

Please share!

I will share mine in a bit ...
Bok
Vendor

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:25 pm

Long time ago I have found that the teas that I enjoy the most are oolong teas, no matter the provenance.

All other teas I have come across, although I did like some of them never caused this kind of craving I feel for certain oolongs.

However what appealed to me more in earlier stages, the fresh green oolongs is giving in to the more oxidised, roasted or aged oolongs.

I enjoy just rotating a few teas and have enough experience to know what I like and what I do not.
I also found that I am slowly perfecting and downsizing my tea ware and tools to further my enjoyment of those teas.

I tend to spent days or even weeks with the same tea and find enjoyment in – let‘s go philosophical – the essence of that tea.

I do care less and less about supposed tea rules – in the end it is personal, whatever works for one is fair game!
Chip
Admin

Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Bok, I can relate! :mrgreen:
Teachronicles

Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:27 pm

I'm fairly early on in my tea journey, I started with greens, then oolongs, then puers. I mostly drink oolong and puer nowadays. I still stick to pretty strict time increments when doing gongfu (ie 5, 10, 15 second increments) as I'm still learning the best way to brew certain teas.

I guess I'm in the opposite stage as bok related to teaware where I'm amassing a pretty large collection at this point although I've begun to slow down, choosing only pieces that really stand out to me.

I like to drink different teas daily but if I open a bag of something that will go stale like greener oolongs, I'll do my best to finish that before I open too many other teas.

I've really been liking grandpa style in a bowl lately, I've found you get atleast 2 or 3 really good bowls of tea, the first one being especially delicious.

This will also be first year drinking fresh spring tea. I've ordered a few fresh greens from different sources and am excited to try them. I'm also looking forward to having fresh goashan this year as well.