On Serious Tasting...

Elise

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:07 pm

Baisao wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:23 pm
That’s a good point, Bok. They may not even be aware that they smell badly. Further, their sense of smell may have been assaulted for so long that it is no longer as sensitive as it could have been. Yeah, so maybe not so much a lack of respect as obliviousness.

The “pearls before swine” thing has happened to me a few times when hosting strangers who knew each other. They were more interested in gossip than the teas I had curated for the occasions. It happened a few times and I just bailed. I could have served them Hawaiian Wedding Cake Ginger Mint Tropical Black Tea and they would have been just as happy.
All that sounds too familial to me... :roll:
Bok
Vendor

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:08 pm

This comes to mind:
In tasting tea, one person can taste tea’s essence; two people can taste tea’s delight; three people can taste tea’s flavor; but six or seven people together can only be called using (drinking) tea. Chen Jiru
And I think it is true, even if all people present are tea connoisseurs.
CWarren

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:37 am

Baisao wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:23 pm
Hawaiian Wedding Cake Ginger Mint Tropical Black Tea
Is that available in cake form and can you please give me the vendor’s information?

:lol:
Baisao

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:31 am

In tasting tea, one person can taste tea’s essence; two people can taste tea’s delight; three people can taste tea’s flavor; but six or seven people together can only be called using (drinking) tea. Chen Jiru
Great quote, Bok. it sums up why I mostly drink alone or with one other.

I’ve noticed that conversations can get intense and tangential even among serious enthusiasts during a tasting. It never fails that at the end of a tea gathering I have a list of things I meant to say but didn’t because of intense & tangential conversation.