Does anyone buy tea during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales around here?

faj

Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:33 pm

aet wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:52 pm
For the vendors who start to play this game, there is now way back anymore.
If the discount is steep enough, and once you have "trained" your customers, it becomes hard to go back, for sure. As a consumer, you don't chose your vendors' commercial strategy, you kind of have to live with it. It is not like people are going to wilfully avoid rebates and pay the inflated, regular price just to spite the vendor :D.

Ultimately, the part I find more damaging from a collective perspective about rebates is they encourage impulse purchases of things that eventually go to waste or remain unused.
aet
Vendor

Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:46 pm

faj wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:33 pm
As a consumer, you don't chose your vendors' commercial strategy, you kind of have to live with it.
I agree with that one, but you can choose a vendor based on comercial strategy , as @Bourder mentioned here already. " no point buying stuff which is out of the discounts " .
So for you , as a buyer , makes sense just keep track on discounts , newsletters and buy stuff based on right timing not actuall need ..in which I also agree with " purchases of things that eventually go to waste or remain unused."
It is "commonly" known that SALES ( the marketing ones , not the true sales ) concept work, but my big "?" is , how much you make and how much you loose by doing so. You can measure the gain but you can't measure the looses, because those upset customers ( like i was with my provider who I was going to leave ) not going to report back to the vendor like " hey, I'm just buyng tea from someone else because you make fake Sales " . They might change the vendor for many other reasons.

It will probably become visible that only items in Sales are being purchased, so vendor ends up put more stuff on sale , in which stage it becomes the game alltogether.
aet
Vendor

Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:55 pm

Attachments
Black Friday
Black Friday
bf.jpg (95.9 KiB) Viewed 1107 times