Interesting article- "Where have all the tea bloggers gone?"

mbanu

Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:03 pm

https://www.teaformeplease.com/where-ha ... gers-gone/

Fortunately, tea-blogging seems to be bowl-shaped, in that while those in the middle of family or mid-career responsibilities sometimes struggle to do more than just drink the tea and enjoy it, both the young and the old enjoy talking about it. :D
Bok
Vendor

Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:11 pm

In a way it is not the worst thing. Can not recall when I read a tea blog that was worth the time... simply most of the things have been said elsewhere and to just follow another person tea learning curve one cup at a time seems tedious. The next issue for me is often that the ones who shout the loudest get the most following – but usually not related to actual knowledge. Understated and in last century design websites laid out blogs which have very good and worthwhile reading content, aka @aet's blog section get no attention at all :lol:

There was a time when people with actual knowledge and good access to tea and ware shared information worth reading... earlry teamasters (now just a Trumpian never-ending self-praise blog with little new info) or MarshalN in the olden days.
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:30 pm

Bok wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:11 pm
.... (now just a Trumpian never-ending self-praise blog with little new info).....
"Trumpian". Clever writing, Bok. Enjoyed it though being in USA (stuck between a toupee and an orange face) I fear an awful man might be with us in so many ways for so many years. Cheers
Victoria
Admin

Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:36 am

Let’s remember forum rules regarding religion and politics, these are intended so we can focus on commonality of purpose ‘tea’ and keep the peace 😇
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:40 am

Victoria wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:36 am
Let’s remember forum rules regarding religion and politics, these are intended so we can focus on commonality of purpose ‘tea’ and keep the peace 😇
Sorry, Victoria. I should have left the word "awful" out. I apologize. Where did you get that imogi? I don't see it in the 24 choices on the side of posts. Cheers.
Andrew S

Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:57 am

I think that there are several hobbies and other areas of interest which flourished during the earlier days of the internet, back when blogs were newer and online communities felt smaller, and which have diminished since then.

There's also the bowl-shaped analogy of mbanu; perhaps those who were enthusiastic youngsters in the early 2000s are now in the middle of their bowls, and they'll re-emerge in a little while once again...

The other, more universal, thing about online or other sources of information is that they tend to reinforce the idea that those who know the most are the ones who say the least.

Places like this are probably better than most blogs now, where knowledge and experiences can be shared among people with all sorts of backgrounds.

Andrew
Teafortea

Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:23 am

There were some bloggers i followed in France, thevangeliste and some others, they have also stopped blogging here. I have to be honest, I've learned more in this forum than my entire blog reading years. The french sister of this forum is ok also, but less accurate for tea sellers. There were some tea houses that werw praised a lot, and the tea quality was meh...so now I only log here despite my fatigue in english being 2nd language.
GaoShan

Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:47 pm

Sometimes it's fun to read about other people's experiences with tea, especially if their writing is good and they drink cool/out-of-the-way/hard-to-find stuff. However, in terms of education, most of the content is very basic. I also enjoyed reading TeaMasters and MarshalN back in the day, even though I'm not into puerh. I think that as with any other type of media, claims on blogs need to be taken with a grain of salt.
Bok
Vendor

Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:48 pm

Andrew S wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:57 am
Places like this are probably better than most blogs now, where knowledge and experiences can be shared among people with all sorts of backgrounds.
Agreed and it has the benefit of the cloud filtering and calling out the worst bs/offering alternative thoughts. Blogs are mostly one-dimensional, by definition very personal, with no possibility to interact, question or dispute anything.