Stomach bug and feeling like no tea is good to drink

Teafortea

Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:42 pm

Took a long vacation somewhere in the nowhere and it happen that I got home with a tummy bug. Its a been a week and the idea of any tea makes me gag. Even herbal peppermint...so I have not tried any of my new orders yet but im kind of sad. Any sugg estion to where to start easy with? Oxydized or non oxy?
Happy new year to all!
LeoFox

Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:17 pm

Very sorry to hear you got sick. Hope you get better soon!

A common recommendation may be post fermented teas like shu - as they are supposed to be easy on the stomach.

For me it is the opposite - just the thought of the wet pile makes me run to the toilet.

I prefer lightly brewed white and green tea - nothing fancy. Specifically for stomach upset, I may also go for ginger tea- unless I also have throat ache- which seems to get worse with ginger.
Attachments
Green tea
Green tea
IMG_20221219_143942_500.jpg (45.22 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
Teafortea

Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:38 pm

Thank you Leo.
Ok I might try some green tea, hopefully tomorrow. As for shu, I'm still not sure... 🙃
I don't have a sore throat for.ginger tea so now the suggestion sounds good actually Somehow my brain did not associate ginger infusion with tea making.
I'm hoping that will ease my stomach.

I'm bitter against my kids :lol: , they bring the bugs home and they recover in three days...me a week and I'm not.over yet.
Bok
Vendor

Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:11 pm

In addition to simply wait it out and not let any good tea go to waste, just brew them lighter than you normally would. How about the Genmaicha? Usually quite an inoffensive tea.
Baisao

Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:35 pm

+1 for a ginger tisane. I use an inexpensive hongcha as a base and add sliced or candied ginger to taste. It’s typically easy on the tummy and is supposed to help with nausea.
Teafortea

Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:10 am

Tried the ginger, had a + effect in calming the nausea but not completely gone so I guess I'll wait it out and slowly start with mild tea. It sucks as I want to try so bad the new teas I ordered this year.
I got gifted a lot of nonsense teas, think heavy perfumes in a.mix of green and black all in one pretty pink box like laduree that I put jn my towel rack to make it look pretty and smell like roses, 😅😅but that's another topic.

Thank you all for your suggestions!