Are we allowed to talk vendors?

.m.

Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:02 pm

LeoFox wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:33 pm
I won't need to try. Ys is absolutely horrible, and Scott's business practices are despicable. I don't believe a thing he writes or says about his teas. I would rather buy an overpriced cocktail at a Trump hotel than get anything associated with Scott at this point. So more overlord for you and his fanatics on communitea I guess which is good news since he seems to use this algorithm that increases the price as the tea decreases in stock. Cheers
It sounds like you have a very strong aversion towards YS. Have you had a very bad experience with them or Scott?
Chris

Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:02 pm

I feel pretty lukewarm on YS but I have found some heicha and a couple aged sheng puerhs I've liked. I also appreciate that, over a decade ago, I was able to buy my very first puerh cake there, a Dayi 7542, and feel confident it was real. (Although it also scared me away from puerh for several years afterward. :lol: )

I have steered clear of their oolongs for a long time, though. And I generally only place small orders every 2 or 3 years, when I want something specific and don't know another place to buy it. I didn't realize until this thread that there were allegations of bad business practices, though...
Toha0652

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:58 am

ys =/= tws
teatray

Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:18 am

Toha0652 wrote:
ys =/= tws
The posts above are not talking about TWS anymore but just so yours doesn't mislead anyone:
Our background and mission:

We originally founded Yunnan Sourcing in 2004, our mission was to provide high quality Pu-erh tea and other Yunnan teas to customers all over the world. We take pride in "weeding out" the teas unworthy of our customers' time and financial expenditure, providing them with a curated selection of teas that won't disappoint. With Taiwan Sourcing we extend that same passion and focused dedication to the Emerald Isle and the richness of its tea tradition.
-- https://taiwanoolongs.com/pages/about-us
Toha0652

Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:52 am

teatray wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:18 am
Toha0652 wrote:
ys =/= tws
The posts above are not talking about TWS anymore but just so yours doesn't mislead anyone:
Our background and mission:

We originally founded Yunnan Sourcing in 2004, our mission was to provide high quality Pu-erh tea and other Yunnan teas to customers all over the world. We take pride in "weeding out" the teas unworthy of our customers' time and financial expenditure, providing them with a curated selection of teas that won't disappoint. With Taiwan Sourcing we extend that same passion and focused dedication to the Emerald Isle and the richness of its tea tradition.
-- https://taiwanoolongs.com/pages/about-us
still talking about tea quality
Teafortea

Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:54 am

I just returned from quick trip home, there is my old roasting coffee company that I buy my beans from. I got a good tease from my husband after I bought a big suitcase worth of coffee for just 200$. He said he has never seen an order of a box of tea arrive at our front door for the same amount of money. He was wondering if what I’ve been ordering was may be gold😂. And the coffee beans I buy are just way high quality than what you usually find around. All this to say, that when one as a customer orders good tea and receives a box of stale and who knows what, it almost makes you want to stop waisting your money and settle with coffee. But then, there’s that art of drinking tea that is incomparable with coffee… and for years and years you never stop and you’re still a bad tea hoarder.

Thanks anyway for all the input, teas are way gone with the trash pick up this morning and I’m happy I have some space in my tea shelf. ( I did a search on Reddit and hmm my bad this tile I did not research the company before I did an order.) wow, just wow.