How do you stop hoarding tea?

Teafortea

Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:13 am

Bok wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:35 am
Teafortea wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:26 am
. I also made the mistake of not properly storing a gui fei oolong… only to find the most bitter stale tea I’ve ever tried. 🙈. Lesson learned.
Not a real mistake - you just found out that this was low quality tea to begin with! Stale but bitter, doesn’t sound like something that happened due to bad storage. Unless you also had sour notes?
Not sour, just awfully bitter like tylenol in hot water. It could be it was just bad tea, it was given to me from à vendor I usually don’t buy in the USA. I found it strange that my other teas stored in the same kitchen cupboard were ok. Who knows…
Teafortea

Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:16 am

Andrew S wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:32 pm
We should probably also bear in mind that over-stocking tea isn't too bad compared to some other interests and hobbies that people have; I know someone who collects vintage guitars, and he needs a lot more room than I do...

Andrew
Haha- true! I like you’re reasoning
Last edited by Victoria on Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod edit: Cleaned up quote
Ethan Kurland
Vendor

Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:24 am

Taiwan has increased the cost of EMS. For those in USA, to receive 1 or 2 kilograms of tea via EMS is now twice as expensive as it was. I heard that for packages going to Europe, the increase was not as great.

Such a circumstance does not make having tea that will not be drunk before it starts to get stale (or may not get drunk ever), make sense; but someone with a possibly overly large stock of tea that will not go to waste, is now wiser than he may have seemed before.

Will we be able to travel freely again? Will airfares go up & up? I think I'll prepare some lonfengxia while I can.
Teafortea

Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:40 pm

True, shipping cost are outrageous, not to mention I get so unlucky with the custom fees each time. I just paid DHL this morning 37 euro custom fees for my order on top of shipping cost. I would have much preferred to sip some lishan with that money. But it is what it is. I hardly spend any crazy💰 on shoes 👠 but I have to have tea 😅.
TeaZero

Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:48 pm

Teafortea wrote:
True, shipping cost are outrageous, not to mention I get so unlucky with the custom fees each time. I just paid DHL this morning 37 euro custom fees for my order on top of shipping cost. I would have much preferred to sip some lishan with that money. But it is what it is. I hardly spend any crazy💰 on shoes 👠 but I have to have tea 😅.
If you're based in France, try puerhtea.eu they are a Chinese vendor, but have a warehouse in The Netherlands (Europe).
Teafortea

Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:59 pm

TeaZero wrote:
Teafortea wrote:
If you're based in France, try puerhtea.eu they are a Chinese vendor, but have a warehouse in The Netherlands (Europe).
Thx! Will check them out.
Maerskian

Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:05 pm

Teafortea wrote:
TeaZero wrote:
Teafortea wrote:
Initially was going to mention puerhtea.eu AKA Teasenz European front should be your last shopping option ( not necessarily to be crossed, but at the bottom of your list ) for a number of reasons i won't list here ( based on first hand experience ) ... because i've gone through TeaZero posts from the beginning ( @pedant / @Victoria ) ... only to find out an alarming number of Teasenz links written like a Teasenz community manager in disguise would do... and then this post , and then more Teasenz recommendations... now puerhtea.eu AKA Teasenz Euro front .

If TeaZero is a vendor as it seems to be, makes you wonder why they behave like this.
Teafortea

Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:31 pm

Maerskian wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:05 pm
Teafortea wrote:
TeaZero wrote:

Initially was going to mention puerhtea.eu AKA Teasenz European front should be your last shopping option ( not necessarily to be crossed, but at the bottom of your list ) for a number of reasons i won't list here ( based on first hand experience ) ... because i've gone through TeaZero posts from the beginning ( pedant / Victoria ) ... only to find out an alarming number of Teasenz links written like a Teasenz community manager in disguise would do... and then this post , and then more Teasenz recommendations... now puerhtea.eu AKA Teasenz Euro front .

If TeaZero is a vendor as it seems to be, makes you wonder why they behave like this.
👍🏻My instinct was right then. Thanks for your info.