Best tea for doing sport

giammo82

Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:59 am

I used many years ago to prepare black tea and put in my bottle during cycling, Which typer of tea have more caffeine like oxydate, fermentate tea, green tea ecc ecc?
pedant
Admin

Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:05 pm

good question. i would say generally it's whichever tea tastes best to you if brewed strong.

i would also say that it's hard to generalize.

https://ratetea.com/topic/caffeine-content-of-tea/21/
mbanu

Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:14 pm

I think in China, the popular tea for sports is gunpowder, although I have never read an explanation of this. Maybe wrong info?

Personally, I think it is mostly a balance between calories and energy. If you are planning to do hard work after only tea, I would suggest British-style tea with plenty of milk and sugar, as the tea can also count as a meal. If you have already eaten well and are just looking for an extra boost, a lot of it just comes down to personal tastes. Teas that you enjoy drinking will be easy to drink and more likely to provide a familiar support.
TeaTotaling

Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:02 pm

giammo82 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:59 am
I used many years ago to prepare black tea and put in my bottle during cycling, Which typer of tea have more caffeine like oxydate, fermentate tea, green tea ecc ecc?
Personally, I would opt for Fujian Silver Needle. High in nutrients, high in caffeine.
Bok
Vendor

Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:31 pm

I just pop in whatever leaves I feel like in my thermos… Gaoshan I find the most refreshing for summer. In winter something roasted helps with the cold.
giammo82

Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:48 am

mbanu wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:14 pm
I think in China, the popular tea for sports is gunpowder, although I have never read an explanation of this. Maybe wrong info?

Personally, I think it is mostly a balance between calories and energy. If you are planning to do hard work after only tea, I would suggest British-style tea with plenty of milk and sugar, as the tea can also count as a meal. If you have already eaten well and are just looking for an extra boost, a lot of it just comes down to personal tastes. Teas that you enjoy drinking will be easy to drink and more likely to provide a familiar support.
Milk is not good during the sport, is hard to digest, i try yunnan golden tips with honey and its fine really fine, but i never try gunpounder...is interesting to discover wich one have most caffeine
Bok
Vendor

Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:37 pm

Gunpowder is a tea grade so low it’s only exported and not sold in China. At least that has been the case in the past. Would not recommend this shady stuff to compliment exercising…