When did the number of steeps start increasing for gongfu and why?

Bok
Vendor

Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:46 pm

in a away this whole thing is similar as if records of my diary would be found 300y later: "On my travels to the United States, I have never eaten anything above average, food quality is terrible and made industrially, US Americans do not seem to care about the quality of their food."

>>> Which of course is only an excerpt of my exaggerated and very personal experience and there surely must be excellent wholesome food, I just did not come across it on the three occasions I visited, I blame lack of knowledge/before the internet age information/poor guidance/lack of funds etc.

Same goes for the accounts of elitist tea people or orientalist writers, whose backgrounds and actual knowledge we do nothing about. Unless it is backed up by extensive research on the ground, it's just an opinion worth as much as anyone's.
StoneLadle

Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:34 am

yea, the preoccupation with formulas and codes and traditions and provenance just seems like a black hole...

GFC is a baseline method or set of tools as I see it... the tools needs to be applied specific to the situation at hand...

so... for an "artist fartist" if I'd read that correctly, the situation would be to make some kind of statement in order to support notions of the status as "af", so the tools that GFC represent would go towards a so called artistic application...

for a tea fanatic lol, it could be a set of tools by which careful and experience derived wisdom and application of each tool in the set, to extract the best from a particular kind of tea given a particular set of circumstances...

fluff over pragmatism maybe?... horses for courses?

let's not get started on Grandpa Style LOL
OCTO

Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:44 am

StoneLadle wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:34 am
yea, the preoccupation with formulas and codes and traditions and provenance just seems like a black hole...

GFC is a baseline method or set of tools as I see it... the tools needs to be applied specific to the situation at hand...

so... for an "artist fartist" if I'd read that correctly, the situation would be to make some kind of statement in order to support notions of the status as "af", so the tools that GFC represent would go towards a so called artistic application...

for a tea fanatic lol, it could be a set of tools by which careful and experience derived wisdom and application of each tool in the set, to extract the best from a particular kind of tea given a particular set of circumstances...

fluff over pragmatism maybe?... horses for courses?

let's not get started on Grandpa Style LOL
ahahaha... good to have you back @StoneLadle