Shipping delays from China?

Janice

Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:58 pm

joelbct wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:03 am
Yeah, nothing on that 17 site or other tracking sites.

I just placed an order from O-cha, and they are only offering FedEx shipping to the US, so I guess this is a known thing in Japan too.

Ippodo also had a similar message, saying they are only shipping DHL.
Ippodo is also shipping from a US distribution center.
joelbct

Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:47 pm

Janice wrote:
But with higher prices than their Kyoto shop website, iirc.

O-cha order arrived via Fedex from Japan to New York in 4 business days. I'll probably use Ippodo again next time I re-up on Sencha. Variety is the spice of life.

Although with having to pay for international air shipping, I'm wondering about the $7/150g Ito En grocery store packages for a daily Sencha, until this situation is straightened out. Might just be a waste of money, but I'll try it next time I'm near H Mart.

For China tea, I think I'll use Camellia Sinensis (although it seems they don't have Keemun, or a decent priced golden Dian Hong) in Canada, or Hojo (although it says his lineup hasn't been updated since June 2019, hmm, plus it looks like he's out of Special Tribute Keemun), or just pay for express shipping from Hong Kong (Teaspring, my preferred china vendor, altho that's who sent the package that is 5 weeks delayed via China Post).

Decisions...
YeeOnTeaCo
Vendor

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:42 am

Since mid to end of September we’ve been moving orders to the US within a week via e-Express < 2kg and EMS for anything greater. Haven’t had any orders delayed 🤞

Different story with Canada though with e-Express😔
Last edited by YeeOnTeaCo on Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janice

Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:17 pm

joelbct wrote:
Janice wrote:

O-cha order arrived via Fedex from Japan to New York in 4 business days. I'll probably use Ippodo again next time I re-up on Sencha. Variety is the spice of life.

Decisions...
I didn’t compare prices because it was early pandemic days and I was “desperate”. I’ve since ordered from o-cha with similar speedy results via fedex. Also, kettl is shipping from Brooklyn and I’ve become very fond of their matcha. They ship via usps for free.
joelbct

Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:03 pm

Janice wrote:
joelbct wrote:
Janice wrote:

Decisions...
I didn’t compare prices because it was early pandemic days and I was “desperate”. I’ve since ordered from o-cha with similar speedy results via fedex. Also, kettl is shipping from Brooklyn and I’ve become very fond of their matcha. They ship via usps for free.
Interesting, Kettl looks good. They must be new.

And thanks, YeeOnTea. I am, tho, looking for a vendor that also has a good keemun and golden dianhong. I am the odd american tea enthusiast who enjoys red/black tea as well ;)
YeeOnTeaCo
Vendor

Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:34 am

joelbct wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:03 pm
Janice wrote:
joelbct wrote:

Decisions...
Interesting, Kettl looks good. They must be new.

And thanks, YeeOnTea. I am, tho, looking for a vendor that also has a good keemun and golden dianhong. I am the odd american tea enthusiast who enjoys red/black tea as well ;)
All good ;) , was just a FYI in regards to shipping. Please check PM
joelbct

Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Woot, my teaspring order arrived today.

Not that terrible actually, given the circumstances. 5 weeks from order to delivery, with standard shipping.
Janice

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:44 am

Essence of Tea posted today about confusing (my description) answers they received from china post about parcels that were sent to Shanghai May 19. They may or may not still be at the airport. They may or may not have been sent on to other countries that had more flights to America back in May. I don't know about other vendors but EOT is making other arrangements with customers for those orders.
aet
Vendor

Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:29 pm

To all:
You can post your complains on China Post official forum
https://track-chinapost.com/?page_id=242
https://track-chinapost.com/?page_id=24 ... on-forum14

Please do so , and they might finally tell us all what the heck happened in Shanghai back then. Country with high-tech , 5G, sophisticated apps. and all , can't not make a 1 phone call to SH port ask about containers. Kinda ridiculous.