Looking for this tea i was gifted

Ringmail
New user

Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:56 am

Two years ago i was gifted this box of tea. I learned already its from the Shandong province of China. Maybe the coastal city of Rizhao. I tried ordering some tea from Shandong, but it was really not good. If you can in anyway help me identify, or if you know any person who can help me get hands on more of this tea, i will be forever grateful in my tea-heart.
Thanks to the tea in this particular box, my interest for tea started, and i have been buying lots of tea in the hopes of the same drinking experience. Needless to say, I am still quite new in the tea world, but I am spending a lot of my free time on tea, and i am loving it. I know this is a long shot, since i dont speak any chinese myself, and live in Denmark on a students budget. Any word of advice would be nice though. Cheers and thanks!

This is pictures of the box:
mbanu

Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:44 pm

If you know anyone who speaks Chinese, you could try the telephone number on the back of the box.

Good luck!
pedant
Admin

Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:29 pm

wow, that tin looks super familiar.
i think i had the exact same one, but i can't remember anything about what kind of tea was in it or who gifted it to me. :oops:
i also just looked all over my house for it but can't find it. maybe i tossed it.

i wonder if it was sold in airport gift shops or something.
aet
Vendor

Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:11 pm

Shan Dong is area without tea. It's north side of China and in winter cold like in Russia. It is only some company which buy green tea from producer and exporting it.
I haven't found the same packaging neither same name of tea ( which I believe is their commercial name, not the standard name ) . What I'm trying to say is that from the box is no clear what exactly tea was in there . Could be from ( as I judge from the most of their products ) Yellow mountain " Huang Shan Mao Feng " and seems like a grade called - Sparrow’s Tongue , which is the 1 tip 1 -2 leafs.
So you can google those or ask community for this type of green tea. You can check this name with google images to see if this is the tea you had. Calling exporting company for 1 box of tea which they packed 2 years ago in their standard packaging ( no specific for each sort of green tea ) is a long shot alright. I don't thing they will bother talking to me.