Onion Tea :)

samuel
New user

Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:10 pm

onion tea is made using white onions, which may surprise you.

Although it was the first time I served this interesting tea, after a few sips, the result was astonishing to me. The indescribable taste of onions combined with the mild flavor of tea was really an exciting experience for me.

If you, like me, are looking for something new to try, I suggest you try onion tea. It may be a bit surprising for you at first, just like me, but with its unique taste, you will definitely become as fond of it as I am.

I became interested in it after reading the article below. If you have tried it, share your opinion.
https://beneficially.info/nutrition/tea/onion-tea/
Victoria
Admin

Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:36 pm

Welcome to TeaForum @samuel. I have read that onion skin has many nutrients so I incorporate them when making stock by placing the skins in a separate removable muslin (or sim) bag. I enjoy seaweed ‘Konbu cha’ and mushroom ‘Shitake cha’ as well, separably or mixed together to quickly make a dashi like broth. They are made by Gyokuroen in dehydrated powder form and have many nutrients as well as being very tasty. I get them at my local Nijiya Japanese market. Seems the company Gyokuroen is adding many new types of ‘tea’; Black vinegar ginger tea, Purple potato tea, Ne-Konbucha, Konbucha using all ingredients produced in Hokkaido (Powder)….. They are all really more of a broth than a ‘tea’.

23C09686-7E47-426E-8A1A-2B6092F4205E.jpeg
23C09686-7E47-426E-8A1A-2B6092F4205E.jpeg (249.92 KiB) Viewed 899 times